It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who shop around for better prices will probably switch companies because the odds are good of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price on insurance is your objective, then having some knowledge of how to shop for insurance can make the process more efficient.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find low-cost Acura NSX insurance is to compare prices once a year from providers that sell auto insurance in Tulsa. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for ideas to help prevent costly coverage and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Tulsa. If you can save money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel the current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
Many things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history and annual miles driven. It’s important that you understand the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may result in cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Too many claims and you’ll pay more – Insurance companies in Oklahoma provide the best rates to people who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance rates – The make and model of the car you own makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest performance passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- What are your comp and collision deductibles? – Protection for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your Acura. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and burglary. The deductibles you choose define how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your insurance will be.
- Know your vehicle’s NHTSA crash test rating – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
- Teenagers vs. mature drivers – More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers. Drivers with little experience have been known to be easily distracted when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
- Big cities mean more claims – Having an address in a small town may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents.
- Job stress can affect premiums – Occupational choices like real estate brokers, airline pilots, and accountants generally pay higher rates than average because of job stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, athletes and retirees get better rates.
The majority of larger companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get prices on their websites. Doing online quotes for Acura NSX insurance in Tulsa is quite simple as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, their rating system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information based on the data you entered.
Using the web to get price quotes for Acura NSX insurance in Tulsa makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible in order to get a lower rate.
To use this form to compare rates, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you will get rate quotes based on similar coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your Acura NSX
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Acura NSX in Tulsa, paying for car insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, most lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher premium.
Third, car insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Tulsa is overpaying over $850 per year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Tulsa auto insurance online.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Tulsa auto insurance quote.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a safe driver course could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could earn slightly better insurance rates than normal.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, anti-lock brakes, driver training, multi-policy, and emergency military deployment.
- MetLife may include discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, good student, multi-policy, and good driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include good driver, good student, multi-car, type of vehicle, annual mileage, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for air bags, defensive driver, 55 and older, teen driver, good student, and homeowners.
- Allstate offers discounts including passive restraint, senior citizen, premier discount, teenSMART discount, premier plus, eSmart discount, and 55 and retired.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not apply to policies in Tulsa. To find insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Oklahoma, click here.
Buying insurance from Tulsa insurance agents
Many people still like to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Tulsa.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Tulsa who will give competitive quotes for your business. You never need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Tulsa auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you need to find local Tulsa agents, there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents in Tulsa may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Tulsa who may provide free insurance rate quotes.
- Access Insurance
6373 E 31st St A – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 270-2220 – View Map
- Cheapest Auto Insurance
2646 E 15th St – Tulsa, OK 74104 – (918) 744-5145 – View Map
- Sawyer-Phillips and Associates, Inc.
6666 S Sheridan Rd #220 – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 794-4000 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes use the same agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tulsa willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Daniel Parker – State Farm Insurance Agent
6770 S Sheridan Rd STE A – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 994-5400 – View Map
- State Farm: Ron Lockney
2828 E 91st St – Tulsa, OK 74137 – (918) 298-5444 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Teresa Sotelo
3309 S Yale Ave – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 627-3855 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Oklahoma?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- How long has their agency been in business in Tulsa?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
After getting positive feedback to all your questions and the cheapest Acura NSX insurance in Tulsa quotes, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles.
How to find a good Oklahoma car insurance company
Picking a highly-rated insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Tulsa. The company rank data in the lists below could help you select which auto insurers you want to consider shopping prices with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Auto insurance can get complicated
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is glass protection for?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Does my Acura NSX need full coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
In the end, you can save money
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to shop for Acura NSX insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from the smaller companies.
The cheapest Acura NSX insurance in Tulsa can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tulsa Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)