It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don't want customers comparing rates. People who compare rates once a year are likely to switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy premium. A survey found that drivers who compared rates regularly saved approximately $860 a year compared to people who never compared rates.
If finding the most affordable insurance in Tulsa is why you're reading this, then learning a little about how to quote and compare insurance can save money and time.
Really, the only way to get budget car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from providers in Tulsa.
- First, try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives more ideas to help keep prices low and find missing discounts.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. Make sure you keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Oklahoma. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in Tulsa, OK, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Three reasons to insure your Honda vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Honda CR-V in Tulsa, buying insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Honda CR-V has a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $810 a year so shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Rates and statistics
The data table shown below highlights different policy rates for Honda CR-V models. Having a better idea how insurance rates are formulated can assist in making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$336||$572||$382||$22||$114||$1,426||$119|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$336||$572||$382||$22||$114||$1,426||$119|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$336||$572||$382||$22||$114||$1,426||$119|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$386||$572||$382||$22||$114||$1,476||$123|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$386||$572||$382||$22||$114||$1,476||$123|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$386||$572||$382||$22||$114||$1,476||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise rates significantly.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Honda CR-V insurance rates for different age groups. The data is based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can affect Honda CR-V annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Companies offer many discounts on Honda CR-V insurance in Tulsa
Auto insurance companies do not list all possible discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Tulsa auto insurance online.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get lower premium rates.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Tulsa Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Tulsa can earn you a little savings since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Professional Memberships - Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
- Life Insurance Discount - Larger insurance carriers have a lower price if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Tulsa auto insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren't that generous. But any discount should help reduce your policy premium.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Honda CR-V yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data is based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that may include most of the discounts above include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Tulsa.
You may need help from a local insurance agent
Some people would rather go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information gets sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an company shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
If you would like to find an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Tulsa agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can write car insurance policies, but it's important to point out the subtle differences since it may influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Tulsa willing to provide rate quotes.
- Dustin Bass - State Farm Insurance Agent
8222 S Lewis Ave - Tulsa, OK 74137 - (918) 518-6700 - View Map
- Mark Fugett - State Farm Insurance Agent
4949 S Mingo Rd - Tulsa, OK 74146 - (918) 628-1900 - View Map
- Janine Billings - State Farm Insurance Agent
4401 S Peoria Ave A - Tulsa, OK 74105 - (918) 747-9555 - View Map
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, you will want to get some free quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Tulsa that can give you rate quotes.
- GDK Insurance Agency, Inc.
3908 E 31st St - Tulsa, OK 74135 - (918) 742-5861 - View Map
- Charles G. Harris Insurance
4724 S Union Ave - Tulsa, OK 74107 - (918) 446-4421 - View Map
- Louis Blosch Agency
9726 E 42nd St #210 - Tulsa, OK 74146 - (918) 664-7100 - View Map
Tulsa auto insurance companies
Finding the highest-rated auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Oklahoma. The ranking information in the next section may help you analyze which providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
In the end, you can save money
Cheap Honda CR-V insurance in Tulsa can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies don't offer online rate quotes and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including high prices, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests and even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When you buy Tulsa auto insurance online, don't be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tulsa Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tulsa Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)