Amazingly, a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never even compared rates from other companies. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on Nissan Frontier insurance in Tulsa is to start comparing prices yearly from companies who sell insurance in Oklahoma. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, try to comprehend car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for more ideas to help reduce premium rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Frontier insurance in Tulsa. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, use these tips to cut your premiums without having to cut coverage. Finding the best-priced policy in Tulsa is easy to do. Consumers just have to know how to find the lowest price using one simple form.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates from multiple companies utilizes the fact most of the bigger providers participate in a system to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is provide a small amount of information like your education level, if a SR-22 is needed, how you use your vehicles, and the type of vehicles you drive. Your information is then submitted to many highly-rated insurers and they respond with quotes within a short period of time.
To find lower affordable Nissan Frontier insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Tulsa.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper Nissan Frontier insurance in Tulsa with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Tulsa car insurance online. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Renewal Discounts – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Frontier insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with some car insurance companies.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- College Student Discount – Children who are attending college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Tulsa car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your premiums.
The information below shows the comparison of Nissan Frontier insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The information is based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for bundle discounts, switch companies, good student, early shopping, homeowner, pay in full, and teen driver.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, driver’s education, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for teen driver discount, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, good student, preferred payment discount, and newly married.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To find car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Rates and data analysis
The premium table displayed next highlights a range of insurance costs for Nissan Frontier models. Learning how premiums are determined can help you make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$234||$442||$578||$34||$172||$1,460||$122|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$274||$442||$578||$34||$172||$1,500||$125|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$274||$538||$578||$34||$172||$1,596||$133|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$316||$538||$578||$34||$172||$1,638||$137|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$316||$538||$578||$34||$172||$1,638||$137|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$316||$442||$462||$28||$138||$1,386||$116|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$316||$634||$578||$34||$172||$1,734||$145|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$316||$634||$578||$34||$172||$1,734||$145|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$316||$538||$462||$28||$138||$1,482||$124|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$356||$538||$462||$28||$138||$1,522||$127|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$356||$538||$462||$28||$138||$1,522||$127|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$356||$538||$462||$28||$138||$1,522||$127|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$356||$538||$462||$28||$138||$1,522||$127|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter premium rates significantly.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Nissan Frontier insurance premiums for each different age category. The premiums assume a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Nissan Frontier liability-only versus full coverage
The example below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Frontier yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no clear-cut rule for eliminating comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan Frontier claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $200 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
What Impacts Nissan Frontier Insurance Prices?
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The make and model of the vehicle you own makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest rates will normally be found when insuring small economy passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The next chart is based on a single male driver age 40, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Nissan Frontier car insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance risks.
Cheaper rates with high deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your Nissan from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be running into the backend of another car, flood damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Drive less and get lower prices – The more you drive your Nissan in a year the higher your rates will be. Most companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance policy reflects annual mileage. Improper usage on your Frontier can result in significantly higher rates.
Teenagers are high risk – Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets. Teen drivers are proven to get distracted easily when behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Save by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If the Nissan Frontier is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
Traffic violations can be expensive – A bad driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Careful drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Even a single ticket could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. People who have multiple tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders impact Nissan Frontier auto insurance costs for different age groups. The data is based on a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance loss statistics a Nissan Frontier – Auto insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Nissan Frontier vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
|Specific Nissan Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 2WD||57||64|
|Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 4WD||64||95||78|
|Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 2WD||77||97||67||106||87||98|
|Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 4WD||71||95||76||70||79||85|
|Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 2WD||73||110||71||89||87||117|
|Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 4WD||68||80||63||56|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I talk to an insurance agency?
Some consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Tulsa that can give you free Tulsa car insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an insurer is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in Tulsa should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- If they are an independent agency in Tulsa, which companies do they recommend?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Tulsa?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Tulsa
When finding a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Tulsa can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it’s good to learn how they differ since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand name rather than low price.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Tulsa who may provide you with price quote information.
- Ed Martinez Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
3125 S Yale Ave a – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 742-3131 – View Map
- Beverly Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
7112 S Mingo Rd #102b – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 250-1550 – View Map
- Stacy Sweeten – State Farm Insurance Agent
4130 S Harvard Ave, Ste A2 – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 743-8700 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it’s recommended you include a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Tulsa that can give you price quote information.
- A-1 Insurance
4100 E 51st St #105 – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 743-2886 – View Map
- Rooney Insurance Agency, Inc.
4700 S Garnett Rd #200 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 582-0565 – View Map
- Cheapest Auto Insurance
2646 E 15th St – Tulsa, OK 74104 – (918) 744-5145 – View Map
When it comes to adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions can help discover if you might need professional guidance.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Nissan Frontier?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Which car insurance company is best in Oklahoma?
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices there are in Tulsa. The information listed below may help you analyze which car insurance providers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
How much can you save?
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheap Nissan Frontier insurance in Tulsa is available on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)