The best way we recommend to find affordable quotes for Saturn VUE insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Tulsa.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many things that drive up the price such as traffic citations, accidents, and your credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for information to help keep prices low and get additional discounts.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is to use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
Astonishing but true, most insurance buyers in Oklahoma renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save about 47% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they switched.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Saturn VUE Insurance Costs
Lots of things are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- Save money by having excellent credit – A driver’s credit rating will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Saturn VUE if you improve your credit rating. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit.
Men drivers tend to cost more – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Men and women cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Saturn VUE insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Married people drive safer – Having a spouse can actually save you money on car insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Where you live plays a part – Residing in a rural area has it’s advantages when talking about car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates.
How’s your driving record? – Whether or not you get tickets can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Having just one ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents raise Saturn VUE insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Age of drivers impacts rates – Teen drivers in Oklahoma have been known to be less responsible when driving so car insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
The following chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Increase coverage deductibles to save – The deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Affordable Tulsa Saturn VUE insurance
To find more affordable quotes, there are a couple of ways to get quotes from companies that offer auto insurance in Oklahoma. The recommended way to compare Saturn VUE insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it replaces the need to drive around to different Tulsa agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you prefer the extra assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop your insurance online but purchase the actual policy in an agency. When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding the best offered rates.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Tulsa, OK. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Oklahoma, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Rates and statistics
The data table shown next showcases different insurance costs for Saturn VUE models. Learning as much as possible about how policy premiums are calculated can be useful when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Vue XE 2WD||$332||$562||$506||$30||$152||$1,582||$132|
|Vue XR 2WD||$332||$684||$506||$30||$152||$1,704||$142|
|Vue XR-L 2WD||$374||$684||$506||$30||$152||$1,746||$146|
|Vue XR AWD||$374||$684||$506||$30||$152||$1,746||$146|
|Vue XR-L AWD||$374||$804||$506||$30||$152||$1,866||$156|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter coverage rates significantly.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The information below shows the comparison of Saturn VUE insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no exact rule to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Saturn VUE replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $300 annually for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Auto insurance in Oklahoma serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Saturn at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Saturn but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $855 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get affordable rates with discounts
Companies don’t list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you will save up to 20% and get you cheaper VUE insurance.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The chart below shows the comparison of Saturn VUE insurance premiums with and without discounts applied. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To choose insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Oklahoma, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Tulsa who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents in Tulsa can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Tulsa that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following are independent agents in Tulsa that can give you rate quotes.
Frequent quotes can save
Some insurance providers don’t offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents. More affordable car insurance in Tulsa is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Teenage Males in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tulsa Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for College Students in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tulsa Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Focus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tulsa Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tulsa Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)