Want to learn how to save money and find low-cost BMW X1 insurance in Tulsa? Do you get frustrated by the crazy number of insurance providers in Tulsa? Many other drivers are as well. You have such a vast assortment of providers available that it can easily become a real challenge to find the best rates for BMW X1 insurance in Tulsa. Everyone knows Tulsa is a good city to live in, but having to pay for pricey insurance can make it difficult for lots of drivers to buy proper levels of coverage.
How to find the cheapest rates for BMW X1 insurance in Tulsa
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to save money on BMW X1 insurance in Tulsa is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide auto insurance in Oklahoma.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and a bad credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Tulsa. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
One important bit of advice is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of insurance customers in Oklahoma have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in the U.S. can save almost $859 each year, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
It is always a good idea to compare premium rates quite often because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best quotes on BMW X1 insurance in Tulsa six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Don’t believe everything you read about X1 insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn the easiest ways to find cheap insurance in Tulsa.
Keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies helps improve the odds of finding the best rates.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Tulsa, OK. To get the best car insurance in Oklahoma, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Take policy discounts and save on BMW X1 insurance in Tulsa
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids living away from Tulsa attending college and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on X1 insurance in Tulsa.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and home policies with one company you could save up to 20% off your total X1 insurance premium.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current X1 insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Tulsa auto insurance quotes online.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- MetLife has savings for multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, Steer into Savings, air bags, bundled insurance, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, air bags, federal employee, military active duty, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, accident-free, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and student away at school.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer discounts in Oklahoma, click here.
How to find a good Tulsa auto insurance company
Buying coverage from the right insurer can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Tulsa. The company rank data below can help you select which providers to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Components of Your BMW X1 Insurance Costs
Many things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are more obscure such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are some of the factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
- Lower rates for married couples – Having a spouse actually saves money on insurance. It may mean you are more financially stable and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Does your vocation cost you more? – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like real estate brokers, executives, and stock brokers generally have higher rates than average because of high stress and long work hours. Other careers such as scientists, athletes and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The type of car you own makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The best insurance prices tend to be for the lowest performance passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Women tend to be lower risk – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but the males have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young males are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- Liability coverage limits are a factor – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and better occupant protection means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy. If your BMW is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- No insurance policy gaps is important – Going without insurance will be a fast way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Better rates with anti-theft devices – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent vehicle theft.
Insurance loss data for a BMW X1 – Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for BMW X1 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for BMW X1 Vehicles Specific BMW Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury BMW X1 4dr 2WD 99 86 113 90 95 87 BMW X1 4dr 4WD 103 96 120 73 69 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years