If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost Buick Lucerne insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Tulsa.
- Read about how companies set rates and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if you can save on Lucerne insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Shockingly, a large majority of car insurance policyholders in Oklahoma renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save approximately 46.5% every year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they just switched companies.
Lowering your insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. The only requirement is to take time comparing rates from some recommended companies.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Tulsa, OK. To buy cheaper car insurance in Oklahoma, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Buick Lucerne in Tulsa, paying for car insurance is required in Oklahoma but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lucerne has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Buick but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Buick Lucerne detailed coverage information
The coverage table displayed below highlights estimates of insurance prices for Buick Lucerne models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance prices are established can assist in making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$392||$792||$448||$26||$134||$1,792||$149|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease premium rates noticeably.
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Buick Lucerne insurance premiums for each different age group. Data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Impact of speeding/accidents on insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can raise Buick Lucerne auto insurance costs for each different age category. The rates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The example below compares Buick Lucerne insurance prices for male and female drivers. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How much more does full coverage cost in Tulsa?
The example below shows the difference between Buick Lucerne premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Buick Lucerne replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Some providers don’t always list every discount available very well, so the next list breaks down both the well known as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims before the accident.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current Lucerne insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable data collection to study driving manner by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better prices.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driving skills could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your next insurance statement.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers could receive a discount up to 10%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Buick Lucerne insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that may include some of the discounts shown above are:
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in your area. If you would like to see a list of companies with the best Buick Lucerne insurance discounts in Oklahoma, click this link.
Auto insurance agents can help
A small number of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
By using this simple form, the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Tulsa who will return price quotes for your business. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you need to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Oklahoma?
- How are claims handled?
If you are wanting to find a local Tulsa insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Car insurance agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can write car insurance policies, but we need to point out why they differ since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Tulsa that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Bobby Williamson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7992 S Sheridan Rd – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 935-2000 – View Map
- Mark Fugett – State Farm Insurance Agent
4949 S Mingo Rd – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 628-1900 – View Map
- Beverly Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
7112 S Mingo Rd #102b – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 250-1550 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get several quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are Tulsa independent agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- EZ Insurance Agency
1207 S Memorial Dr – Tulsa, OK 74112 – (918) 794-3220 – View Map
- Scott Mccoy Insurance Agency, Inc.
7030 S Yale Ave Suite #109 – Tulsa, OK 74136 – (918) 894-5551 – View Map
- Rooney Insurance Agency, Inc.
4700 S Garnett Rd #200 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 582-0565 – View Map
You can lower your insurance rates
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver and even policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
More affordable insurance in Tulsa is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Tulsa, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents.
More detailed insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Grand Caravan? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)