To save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper car insurance rates in Tulsa is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who sell auto insurance in Oklahoma. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that drive up the price like high-risk driving behaviors and a poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for more information to help prevent expensive coverage and earn a bigger discount.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Sad but true, the vast majority of insurance customers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Consumers in Tulsa could save almost $551 a year, but they think it’s difficult to compare rates online.
To find affordable Chevrolet Colorado insurance quotes, there are several ways to get quotes from many available insurance companies in Oklahoma. The best way to find cheaper rates consists of shopping online.
It’s so simple to compare insurance rates online takes the place of having to drive to insurance agencies in your area. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the guidance of a licensed agent. Drivers can comparison shop your insurance online but have a local agent actually write the policy. When quoting insurance, remember that quoting more will enable you to find more affordable rates.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Oklahoma. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Tulsa, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Chevy Colorado detailed coverage information
The coverage table shown below covers different insurance coverage prices for Chevy Colorado models. Understanding more about how auto insurance premiums are established can assist in making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Colorado LT 2WD||$202||$380||$458||$28||$136||$1,204||$100|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$238||$462||$458||$28||$136||$1,322||$110|
|Colorado LT 4WD||$238||$380||$388||$24||$116||$1,146||$96|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$238||$462||$458||$28||$136||$1,322||$110|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$238||$380||$388||$24||$116||$1,146||$96|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$274||$462||$388||$24||$116||$1,264||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Tulsa which can lower or raise coverage prices considerably.
Car insurance rates by age and gender in Tulsa
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Colorado insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Colorado liability-only versus full coverage
The illustration below compares Chevy Colorado car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no exact rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Colorado replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Earn discounts on Tulsa insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy may allow you to get lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Tulsa Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some insurance companies.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Chevy Colorado auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
If you would like to view insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Oklahoma, click here.
Auto insurance in Oklahoma serves several purposes
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Colorado in Tulsa, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, most banks will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Chevy Colorado. It also can pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $869 every year so shop around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Oklahoma?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Chevy Colorado?
- Is my trailer covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Are insurance agents of importance?
Some people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Tulsa who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around since price quotes are sent to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is there a local claims center in Tulsa?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
When finding a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tulsa that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you check rates from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Tulsa willing to provide price quotes.
Glass Insurance Agency, Inc
4500 S Garnett Rd #914 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 663-5314 – View Map