If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find more affordable Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Tulsa is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who can sell car insurance in Oklahoma.
- Take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for additional tips to lower rates and find hidden discounts.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Ram 3500 coverage is available. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. Once coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted insurance rates at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,780, Tulsa drivers could save themselves almost 35% a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
How Your Ram 3500 Insurance Costs are Determined
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in lower rates.
Do men or women drive better? – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Males and females have fender benders in similar numbers, but guys have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram 3500 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Your stress level may be raising your premiums – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations such as fire fighters, architects, and dentists are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, careers such as actors, engineers and retirees pay the least.
- Raise deductibles and save – Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, hail damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Comp and collision deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Policy add-ons add up – There are many extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Coverages like coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
- Liability coverage safeguards assets – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Discounts for alarm systems – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Oklahoma. To buy the best car insurance in Oklahoma, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Data for Dodge Ram 3500 insurance
The rate information displayed below outlines different insurance prices for Dodge Ram 3500 models. Learning more about how prices are determined is important to be able to make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$384||$672||$542||$32||$162||$1,792||$149|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$470||$792||$542||$32||$162||$1,998||$167|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$470||$912||$814||$48||$244||$2,488||$207|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$470||$912||$542||$32||$162||$2,118||$177|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$470||$912||$542||$32||$162||$2,118||$177|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$470||$1030||$814||$48||$244||$2,606||$217|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$470||$1030||$814||$48||$244||$2,606||$217|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$470||$1030||$814||$48||$244||$2,606||$217|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$470||$912||$542||$32||$162||$2,118||$177|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$470||$912||$542||$32||$162||$2,118||$177|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$470||$1030||$814||$48||$244||$2,606||$217|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in Tulsa location which can alter coverage prices substantially.
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can change Dodge Ram 3500 insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Ram 3500 in Tulsa, maintaining insurance is required in Oklahoma but it also protects you in many ways.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, more than likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, car insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Do you qualify for discounts on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Tulsa?
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for signing up online.
- Distant Student – Children living away from Tulsa attending college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Ram 3500 insurance in Tulsa.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a lower rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The information below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram 3500 car insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies that may offer most of these discounts possibly include:
If you want inexpensive Tulsa car insurance quotes, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Tulsa, follow this link.
When should I have guidance from an agent?
Some consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that provide free Tulsa car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Which family members are covered?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
What types of auto insurance agents are in Tulsa?
If you need to find a local agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they work. Car insurance policy providers can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can do a good job, but we need to point out the difference between them because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company like Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tulsa who may provide you with price quote information.
- Stacy Sweeten – State Farm Insurance Agent
4130 S Harvard Ave, Ste A2 – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 743-8700 – View Map
- Dustin Bass – State Farm Insurance Agent
8222 S Lewis Ave – Tulsa, OK 74137 – (918) 518-6700 – View Map
- Janine Billings – State Farm Insurance Agent
4401 S Peoria Ave A – Tulsa, OK 74105 – (918) 747-9555 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different car insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to include price quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Tulsa willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Tulsa Insurance Gu
427 South Boston Avenue, 518 – Tulsa, OK 74103 – (918) 574-6262 – View Map
- Glass Insurance Agency, Inc
4500 S Garnett Rd #914 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 663-5314 – View Map
- Mclemore Insurance Inc
6965 S 69th E Ave – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 743-9868 – View Map
Always remember that when buying coverage, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. You are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Oklahoma?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Do the work, save more money
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Dodge Ram 3500 insurance premium rates online in Tulsa. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cost effective Dodge Ram 3500 insurance can be found online and also from your neighborhood Tulsa agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tulsa Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tundra in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)