The preferred way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Tulsa is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in Oklahoma.
- Step 1: Learn about auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, accidents and bad credit can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for additional tips to help keep prices low and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. Be sure to place the new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A key point to remember is to try to compare identical coverage information on each quote request and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
A recent study showed that almost 70% of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,780, Oklahoma drivers can cut their rates by as much as 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to find cheap auto insurance rates.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can use this information to buy cheaper auto insurance while maintaining coverages. The intent of this article is to let you in on the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance and some tips to save money. Smart buyers just need to learn the best way to compare different rates from many companies at once.
Companies offering Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Oklahoma
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Cheap Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance rates in Tulsa
Car insurance companies do not list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Tulsa Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Tulsa can save a few bucks since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers are able to get better insurance rates.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to analyze vehicle usage by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount should definitely cut the premium cost.
A partial list of companies that may have these benefits include:
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Tulsa. If you would like to view insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Tulsa, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but still have a local Tulsa insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Tulsa.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know how they differ since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are independent agents in Tulsa who can help you get comparison quotes.
- A-1 Insurance
4100 E 51st St #105 – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 743-2886 – View Map
- Rooney Insurance Agency, Inc.
4700 S Garnett Rd #200 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 582-0565 – View Map
- Bracken Insurance Agency
9717 E 42nd St, Suite 105 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 744-4440 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Tulsa who can help you get price quotes.
- Jake Phillip – State Farm Insurance Agent
5113 S Peoria Ave – Tulsa, OK 74105 – (918) 743-5501 – View Map
- Elonda Wicks – State Farm Insurance Agent
5807 S Garnett Rd g – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 252-3313 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – John Neuschwander
6016 S Memorial Dr – Tulsa, OK 74145 – (918) 576-6180 – View Map
Picking a auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Upon getting positive feedback to your questions as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is a good match to provide insurance coverage.
Quote. Compare. Save.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service or even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to find affordable Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Tulsa. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Ford C-Max Hybrid rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost.
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tulsa Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)