If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates in Tulsa is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who sell insurance in Oklahoma. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding and poor credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for information to prevent expensive rate increases and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper MPV coverage is available. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new policy. Don’t forget to store the certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
An important part of this process is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, about 70% of customers have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in Oklahoma could cut their rates by about 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rate quotes.
Get cheaper Mazda MPV insurance in Tulsa with discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may be missing some discounts to help offset the cost. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Resident Student – Kids living away from Tulsa attending college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Paper-free Discount – Many insurance companies will provide an incentive get Tulsa car insurance on your computer.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
To find insurance companies that offer discounts in Tulsa, click this link.
Getting low cost Mazda MPV car insurance pricing is not a difficult process. Just take a few minutes to compare rates online from several insurance companies.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Tulsa, OK. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Oklahoma, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Comparing rates from local Tulsa auto insurance agents
Many drivers would rather talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Tulsa should know the answers to these questions.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How many years have they been established?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents to choose from. Agencies in Tulsa can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it can affect the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand name rather than low rates.
Below are Tulsa exclusive insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Todd Williams
3315 S Yale Ave Ste 200 – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 742-2784 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Rick Block
5420 S Harvard Ave – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 299-1222 – View Map
- Gail Boyce – State Farm Insurance Agent
6149 S Peoria Ave – Tulsa, OK 74136 – (918) 747-6866 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, we recommend you contact at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Tulsa who can help you get price quotes.
- Louis Blosch Agency
9726 E 42nd St #210 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 664-7100 – View Map
- Best Insurance
1825 S Garnett Rd – Tulsa, OK 74128 – (918) 234-0022 – View Map
- Jimmie A Neely Insurance
4444 E 66th St – Tulsa, OK 74136 – (918) 494-0600 – View Map
How much can you save?
We covered some good ideas how to lower your Mazda MPV insurance prices in Tulsa. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent and delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
There are still a few companies who may not have rate quotes online and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Cheaper Mazda MPV insurance in Tulsa can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Much more information about insurance in Oklahoma is available below:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Learners Permit in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)