We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who compare rates at least once a year are likely to buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey discovered that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved $70 a month as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the best price on Saturn Ion insurance is the reason you’re here, knowing the best way to compare cheaper coverage can save time and money.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find more affordable Saturn Ion insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies in Tulsa. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you are already insured or just want a better rate, you will benefit by learning to reduce premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Obtaining price quotes for affordable auto insurance coverage in Tulsa is not that difficult. Smart shoppers only have to learn the fastest way to compare different rates online.
Components of Your Saturn Ion Insurance Premiums
Many factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but some are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors used by companies to determine rates.
Discounts for theft deterrents – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent car theft.
Stress out and pay more – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as lawyers, business owners, and accountants generally pay higher premium rates due to high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, historians and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
Get better rates after the wedding – Having a spouse may save some money on your insurance bill. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Age of drivers impacts premiums – Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers. Beginning drivers have been known to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates.
Annual mileage and car insurance rates – Driving more miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your insurance policy shows how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Improper usage on your Ion may be costing you.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- E-sign – A few larger companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to analyze vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for driver training, youthful driver, renewal discount, good student, and 55 and retired.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, online signing, and homeowner.
- AAA has discounts for good driver, multi-policy, good student, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
- American Family may have discounts that include Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, early bird, good student, and air bags.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, military active duty, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and emergency military deployment.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver’s education, multiple policy, passive restraint, safe vehicle, good student, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not apply in Tulsa. To choose insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Tulsa, click this link.
Quote. Compare. Save.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium or high prices. Whatever your reason, switching companies can be pretty painless.
Cost effective Saturn Ion insurance is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Tulsa, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Teenage Males in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)