It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who compare rates annually will, in all likelihood, move their business because they have good chances of finding coverage at a more affordable price. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved $860 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance in Tulsa is the reason you’re here, learning the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can make the process less intimidating.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper Chevy Cavalier insurance in Tulsa is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies in Oklahoma.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases like your driving record and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. Begin your rate comparison
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
If you have a current car insurance policy or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing protection. The goal of this article is to teach you a little about how car insurance works and some tips to save money. Consumers just have to understand the least time-consuming way to find the lowest price online.
Best Chevy Cavalier insurance price quotes in Oklahoma
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get discounts on Tulsa car insurance
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but some must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Distant Student – College-age children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow their insurance company to monitor vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Tulsa, click here.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your commute time. When buying insurance it’s important to understand the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
- Prevent theft and save – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Married drivers pay lower costs – Being married actually saves money when buying insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Residents of big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. More time behind the wheel means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Insurance agents can help
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Local Tulsa insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Tulsa who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for an agent because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Where are claims handled?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
When searching for a local agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents in Tulsa can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Either can handle auto insurance, but it’s worth learning why they differ because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive extensive training on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Tulsa exclusive agencies that can give you price quotes.
- George Hazlett – State Farm Insurance Agent
6043 S Sheridan Rd – Tulsa, OK 74145 – (918) 496-0513 – View Map
- State Farm: Anita Ewing –
10021 S Yale Ave #102 – Tulsa, OK 74137 – (918) 298-2100 – View Map
- Bobby Williamson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7992 S Sheridan Rd – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 935-2000 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you need to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Tulsa that can give you price quote information.
- Scott Mccoy Insurance Agency, Inc.
7030 S Yale Ave Suite #109 – Tulsa, OK 74136 – (918) 894-5551 – View Map
- Access Insurance
6373 E 31st St A – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 270-2220 – View Map
- Bracken Insurance Agency
9717 E 42nd St, Suite 105 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 744-4440 – View Map
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to your questions and a low price estimate, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to provide auto insurance coverage.
Tulsa auto insurance company ratings
Finding the top insurance provider is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Oklahoma. The company rank data shown below may help you choose which insurers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
A conclusion for your insurance search
More affordable insurance in Tulsa can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents in Tulsa, so you need to shop Tulsa auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not provide online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce Chevy Cavalier insurance rates online in Tulsa. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with a small local company. These companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)