It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who shop around for cheaper prices will probably switch insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved over $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving the most money on Chevy Spark EV insurance in Tulsa is your ultimate objective, then having a good understanding how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can make shopping around easier.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper quotes for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Tulsa is to annually compare prices from companies who provide car insurance in Oklahoma.
Step 1: Learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as your driving record and a lousy credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to help reduce prices and earn a bigger discount.
Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new agent or company. Immediately keep your new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
One bit of advice is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Tulsa can be much easier if you know how to start. If you have coverage now, you should be able to find the best rates using these techniques. But Oklahoma vehicle owners must comprehend the methods companies use to determine what you pay and use it to your advantage.
To find the best insurance rates, there are several ways to compare quotes from all the different companies. The simplest method to compare Chevy Spark EV insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online. Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting the best price.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Tulsa, OK. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Tulsa, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Why you need insurance for your Chevy vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Tulsa, insurance is required by state law in Oklahoma and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy Spark EV, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Oklahoma is overpaying more than $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Informed Consumers Save on Insurance
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the most common factors auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- The higher your credit score the lower your premiums – Credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit history is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet Spark EV if you clean up your credit.
- No policy lapses saves money – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you fines and jail time. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Oklahoma DMV.
- Women tend to take less risk – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Males and females are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but males cause more damage. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Fewer miles means better costs – The more you drive annually the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your Spark EV may be costing you higher rates. Verify your auto insurance coverage shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you file claims often, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Oklahoma award most affordable rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Owning a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart car theft.
- Get cheaper prices if you’re married – Being married may save some money on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other may mean you are more financially stable it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- How your age affects costs – Teen drivers in Oklahoma are known to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a inexperienced driver to your auto insurance policy can be quite pricey. More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.
Score discounts to get cheaper Tulsa insurance quotes
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get reduced rates.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having multiple cars on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on their website.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, multiple autos, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts for air bags, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, membership and employees, and anti-theft.
- Allstate includes discounts for resident student, premier plus, multi-policy, passive restraint, defensive driver, 55 and retired, and auto/life discount.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, drive less, accident prevention training, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include youthful driver, good student, multi-policy, renewal discount, safe driver, and driver training.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and good driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not apply in Tulsa.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
When to contact an agent
Some people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local.
By using this short form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Tulsa who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How long has the business existed?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Tulsa
When researching local Tulsa agents, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Tulsa agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
These type of agents can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Tulsa that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Ron Henderson
8733 S Lewis Ave – Tulsa, OK 74137 – (918) 291-7400 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mike De Marco
5800 S Lewis Ave Ste 149 – Tulsa, OK 74105 – (918) 749-1300 – View Map
- Bob Breitenstein – State Farm Insurance Agent
7318 S Yale Ave – Tulsa, OK 74136 – (918) 492-7600 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparing auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Tulsa willing to provide rate quotes.
- Mclemore Insurance Inc
6965 S 69th E Ave – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 743-9868 – View Map
- Admiral Insurance Agency
6710 E Admiral Pl – Tulsa, OK 74115 – (918) 836-5551 – View Map
- Best Insurance
1825 S Garnett Rd – Tulsa, OK 74128 – (918) 234-0022 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good answers and a low price estimate, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly service your auto insurance policy.
What is the best auto insurance company in Oklahoma?
Buying coverage from a good quality car insurance company is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Tulsa. The information in the lists below may help you analyze which insurers you want to consider when comparing rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Frequent quotes can save
Cheaper auto insurance in Tulsa is available online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Tulsa Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150 in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)