Do you want to save money by buying cheaper Chevy SS insurance in Tulsa? Trying to come up with a payment for pricey insurance can draw down your checking account and make it hard to pay other bills.
Astonishing but true, the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Oklahoma drivers could save an average of as much as 35% each year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy. There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to compare company pricing for Chevy SS insurance in Tulsa.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes periodically because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the lowest rate on Chevy SS insurance in Tulsa at your last renewal a different company probably has better prices today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the only way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Chevy SS insurance in Tulsa.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Oklahoma. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in OK, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though Tulsa SS insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance is required by state law in Oklahoma and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chevy, almost every bank will force you to have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy SS but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
Smart Consumers Save on Insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower premium levels.
The following are some of the major factors companies use to determine your rate level.
- More miles equals more premium – Driving more miles each year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. An incorrectly rated SS is just wasting money. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet properly reflects the correct driver usage.
- Don’t skimp on liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Urban areas may pay more – Living in a rural area is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent policy claims – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you should expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in Oklahoma give the best rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Chevy SS claim data – Car insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Chevy SS vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 point to more losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Chevrolet SS Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet SS 142 75 137BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t overlook these Chevy SS insurance discounts
Companies don’t always list all their discounts very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Tulsa car insurance online.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Tulsa car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Tulsa is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers are able to get lower premium rates.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure all your vehicles with the same insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a defensive driver course may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including early bird, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, good student, Steer into Savings, and accident-free.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, good student, driver’s education, accident-free, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- 21st Century offers discounts including early bird, automatic seat belts, student driver, air bags, homeowners, 55 and older, and theft prevention.
- Travelers has savings for payment discounts, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, good student, and new car.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, military active duty, daytime running lights, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, good student, and driver training.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some credits might not be offered in your state. For a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Oklahoma, follow this link.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you may require specific advice.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurer should depend on more than just a low price. Any agent in Tulsa should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Tulsa?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s important to point out the differences since it could factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are highly trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are Tulsa exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to check rates from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
The following are Tulsa independent insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
After you get satisfactory answers to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found an insurance agent that can adequately provide car insurance.
Ratings for Oklahoma auto insurance companies
Finding a good quality auto insurance company is hard considering how many choices there are in Tulsa. The ranking data below could help you decide which providers you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
You just learned some good ideas how you can compare Chevy SS insurance auto insurance rates in Tulsa. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Tulsa car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest auto insurance rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More affordable car insurance in Tulsa can be found both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not have online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies.
Steps to saving money on Chevy SS insurance in Tulsa
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Chevy SS insurance in Tulsa is to annually compare prices from insurers who provide auto insurance in Oklahoma.
- Try to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a poor credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. Don’t forget to safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tulsa Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)