It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop rates annually are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. Remarkably, a study showed that people who routinely compared rates saved over $850 each year compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding low prices for insurance is the reason for your visit, then having a good understanding the best ways to shop for car insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
The best way we recommend to get discount Buick Park Avenue insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurers that insure vehicles in Tulsa. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many things that drive up the price such as accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for more details to get low prices and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Tulsa. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Auto insurance companies don’t list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Park Avenue insurance.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Tulsa drivers who agree to allow companies to monitor driving manner by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Driver Safety – Passing a safe driver course may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Tulsa auto insurance quote.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best insurance rates as opposed to frequent claim filers.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Tulsa, click here.
Just remember that comparing a large number of companies increases your odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Tulsa, OK. If you want cheap auto insurance in Tulsa, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Does my Buick Park Avenue qualify for pleasure use?
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is submitted to companies in Tulsa that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home because prices are sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Does their agency support local causes in Tulsa?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is there a local claims center in Tulsa?
The following are agents in Tulsa that can give you comparison quotes for Buick Park Avenue insurance in Tulsa.
6373 E 31st St A – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 270-2220 – View Map
Glass Insurance Agency, Inc
4500 S Garnett Rd #914 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 663-5314 – View Map
Compare rates regularly to save
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can get a better price on Buick Park Avenue insurance in Tulsa. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Tulsa auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
Cheaper car insurance in Tulsa is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Tulsa insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer internet price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Tulsa Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)