If you’ve never shopped for Tulsa car insurance quotes online, most likely you are confused by the large number of online companies who all claim to have the lowest rates for Cadillac ATS insurance in Tulsa.
Statistics show that the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in America could save 46.5% every year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
You need to quote other rates at least once a year because rates go up and down regularly. Just because you had the lowest rate on Cadillac ATS insurance in Tulsa six months ago a different company probably has better prices today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the quickest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
The purpose of this post is to teach you a little about how car insurance companies work. If you have insurance now, you will be able to reduce premiums using the techniques covered below. But Oklahoma consumers do need to know the methods companies use to determine what you pay and use it to find better rates.
Affordable Cadillac insurance price quotes in Tulsa
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Tulsa, OK. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Cadillac ATS Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that aid in calculating car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower rates.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Accidents inflate rates – A bad driving record influences premium rates substantially. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates forty percent or more. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have received dangerous citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Lower car insurance rates with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent car theft.
- Performance affects rates – The make and model of the vehicle you are insuring makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Economy passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Gender as a rate factor – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both genders have auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Car insurance liability insurance limits – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Extra policy coverages push up costs – There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that can waste your money on your ATS policy. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- More traffic means higher claims – Residing in a small town can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. More time behind the wheel statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a significant other may save some money on your policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
Cadillac ATS insurance loss data – Insurers use statistical claims data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased losses will have higher premium rates.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Cadillac ATS Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some companies do not advertise all possible discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Tulsa car insurance online.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Distant Student – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the cost of your policy.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, air bags, federal employee, seat belt use, driver training, and membership and employees.
- USAA discounts include military installation, vehicle storage, loyalty savings, driver training, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- American Family may have discounts that include TimeAway discount, accident-free, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, and early bird.
- Esurance has savings for emergency road assistance, anti-theft, online shopper, Switch & Save, DriveSense, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, distant student, multi-car, and teen driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, multiple autos, defensive driving training, driver’s education, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
If you need cheaper Tulsa car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To choose insurance companies who offer free Cadillac ATS insurance quotes in Oklahoma, follow this link.
Auto insurance agents near you
Certain consumers would rather go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local agents is definitely important in Tulsa.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Tulsa who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
The following are agents in Tulsa who can help you get rate quotes for Cadillac ATS insurance in Tulsa.
- Allstate Insurance: Jim Boese
10396 E 21st St – Tulsa, OK 74129 – (918) 665-2424 – View Map
- State Farm: Ron Lockney
2828 E 91st St – Tulsa, OK 74137 – (918) 298-5444 – View Map
- Brian Cannon – State Farm Insurance Agent
11320 E 32nd St – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 627-0977 – View Map
- All American Insurance Agency
6145 E 21st St – Tulsa, OK 74114 – (918) 832-8823 – View Map
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Tulsa?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How many years have they been established?
When to get professional advice
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Does my Cadillac ATS qualify for pleasure use?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
You just read many ideas to get a better price on Cadillac ATS insurance in Tulsa. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper Cadillac ATS insurance in Tulsa is attainable online and also from your neighborhood Tulsa agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
How to buy low-cost Cadillac ATS insurance in Tulsa
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost Cadillac ATS insurance in Tulsa is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies who can sell car insurance in Oklahoma. This can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a low credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper ATS coverage is available in Tulsa. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. Be sure to keep the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Single Moms in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)