How long have you put off shopping around for more competitive Ford Freestyle insurance in Tulsa? Being forced to pay for overpriced insurance premiums can eat up your savings and force you to tighten up your finances.
Everyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around for a cheaper policy will presumably move their business because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding discount rates on car insurance in Tulsa is your ultimate objective, understanding how to shop for insurance rates can save time and money. Multiple car insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the lowest cost out there.
It’s a good habit to quote other rates periodically because insurance prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best rates on Ford Freestyle insurance in Tulsa last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to show you the tricks you need to know to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to find the best rates without sacrificing coverage. Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Tulsa is really not that difficult. Smart buyers just need to use the quickest way to shop their coverage around on the web.
Lower your insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some need to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on insurance.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Tulsa auto insurance but check with your company.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies offer discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower prices if you buy a life policy as well.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for several vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for teen driver, bundle discounts, pay in full, homeowner, distant student, good student, and business and professional.
- Progressive has savings for good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include good student, daytime running lights, multi-policy, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including mature driver, multi-policy, paid in full, anti-theft, and teen driver.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include vehicle fuel type, driver training, anti-theft, defensive driver, and bundle.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for safe driver, driver training, multi-policy, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and good student.
- USAA has discounts for family discount, defensive driver, annual mileage, military installation, and multi-policy.
It’s a good idea to ask each company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in your area.
Cutting your Tulsa auto insurance rates is a great way to save money. You just need to spend a little time comparing price quotes online with multiple companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to drive around to and from local Tulsa insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you require the trained advice of a licensed agent. However, consumers can compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Oklahoma. To get cheap auto insurance in Oklahoma, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to have an agent’s advice. Most agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower prices and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is especially important in Tulsa.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Two types of Tulsa auto insurance agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a local agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Tulsa are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can write car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you need to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Tulsa that may be able to provide free price quotes.
Glass Insurance Agency, Inc
4500 S Garnett Rd #914 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 663-5314 – View Map
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Tulsa that can give you price quotes.
Picking the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Does the company have a local claim office in Tulsa?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Persistence will pay off
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on Ford Freestyle insurance in Tulsa. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Tulsa auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents. Discount Ford Freestyle insurance can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
How to find cheaper Ford Freestyle insurance in Tulsa
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable Ford Freestyle insurance in Tulsa is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Oklahoma. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Learn about policy coverages and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Freestyle coverage is available in Tulsa. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. As soon as you can, place your new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tulsa Car Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Grand Caravan? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)