Statistics show that most consumers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in Oklahoma could save about $600 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the rate savings if they just switched companies.
The best way we recommend to quote cheaper Honda S2000 insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Tulsa. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, read about policy coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like traffic citations and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover information to get cheaper coverage and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies. Find a Tulsa insurance agent
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. Be sure to place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get prices from every company you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Tulsa is quite easy. If you are already insured or need a new policy, you can learn to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Drivers just need to understand the quickest way to compare price quotes over the internet.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Multiple criteria are considered when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but others are not as apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
Poor driving means higher costs – Having just one driving citation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have severe citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
Car plus home equals more savings – Most insurance companies afford discounts to people that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to save money by buying car insurance from a different company.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance of the car you are insuring makes a huge difference in your premium level. The lowest performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Prices also based on gender – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders tend to get into auto accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
Is you job costing you more? – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations such as military generals, architects, and stock brokers tend to pay higher rates than average because of intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs such as actors, students and homemakers get better rates.
Married people drive safer – Having a spouse helps lower the price on your policy. Marriage is viewed as being more financially stable it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles annually the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. Having the wrong rating on your S2000 may be costing you. Double check that your declarations sheet correctly shows the correct usage.
High coverage deductibles save money – Your deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The more the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Save a ton on Honda S2000 insurance in Tulsa with these insurance discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there may be some discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Tulsa and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less could qualify for slightly better prices than normal.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
Companies and their possible discounts are:
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, air bags, seat belt use, good student, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- MetLife includes discounts for claim-free, multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, accident-free, and good driver.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Travelers has savings for continuous insurance, multi-car, payment discounts, home ownership, IntelliDrive, save driver, and student away at school.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safety rewards, multi-car, homeowner, safe driver, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good driver, anti-theft, good student, and multi-car.
Double check with every company to give you their best rates. Some credits might not be offered on policies in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Compare but don’t skimp
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests or lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, switching car insurance companies is actually quite simple.
Cost effective Honda S2000 insurance can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who don’t offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
When you buy Tulsa car insurance online, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)