Would you like to find more competitive Hyundai Accent insurance in Tulsa? Wish you could get out of high-priced Hyundai Accent insurance in Tulsa? Trust us, many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Oklahoma insurance shoppers can save almost $551 each year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe the big savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Steps to buying cheaper Hyundai Accent insurance in Tulsa
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Tulsa is to compare prices regularly from companies who sell auto insurance in Oklahoma.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit score can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Tulsa. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Due to the fact that there are so many companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for a Hyundai Accent in Tulsa, it can be hard to choose the best company.
Choosing the best rates in Tulsa is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. But Oklahoma consumers do need to know the way insurance companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Hyundai Accent Insurance Cost Factors
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
Shown below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- No insurance gaps is important – Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and companies may charge more for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage could earn you fines and jail time. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Oklahoma motor vehicle department.
- Save money with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent car theft.
How your age affects premiums – Youthful drivers in Oklahoma have been known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher. Adding a young driver to your insurance policy can really hurt. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- How much liability do you need? – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Hyundai Accent statistical loss data – Insurance companies factor in historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates. The next table shows the collected loss data for Hyundai Accent vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Hyundai Accent Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Accent 98 109 89 129 129 133BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance analysis for a Hyundai Accent
The information below outlines a range of insurance prices for Hyundai Accent models. Being able to understand how insurance premiums are established helps drivers make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accent Blue 2-Dr Hatchback||$232||$476||$514||$30||$154||$1,406||$117|
|Accent GS 2-Dr Hatchback||$272||$580||$514||$30||$154||$1,550||$129|
|Accent GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$682||$684||$40||$204||$1,882||$157|
|Accent SE 2-Dr Hatchback||$312||$786||$514||$30||$154||$1,796||$150|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can modify coverage prices considerably.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Hyundai Accent insurance rates for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Some companies don’t always advertise every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a slight reduction on a Tulsa auto insurance quote.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% and get you cheaper Accent insurance.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Tulsa auto insurance quote.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Accent insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for youthful driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, multi-policy, good student, driver training, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for safety features, good student, exclusive group savings, new move discount, and new vehicle discount.
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, good student, good driver, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for good student, student away at school, multiple vehicles, anti-lock brakes, mature driver, air bags, and paperless.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, seat belt use, defensive driver, membership and employees, and driver training.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for homeowner, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, teen safety rewards, drive less, and accident prevention training.
When getting free Tulsa auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not apply in Tulsa. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Oklahoma, click this link.
Quote more to save more
We just presented a lot of tips how to compare Hyundai Accent insurance prices in Tulsa. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Low-cost Hyundai Accent insurance in Tulsa is possible on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Tulsa auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured cut full coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford.
How to find cheaper rates for Hyundai Accent insurance in Tulsa
The most effective way to get budget Hyundai Accent insurance is to do an annual price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Tulsa.
- Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like your driving record and bad credit can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)