Finding cheaper prices on Kia Borrego insurance in Tulsa can seem to be challenging for beginners to quoting and comparing rates online. With so many agents and companies in the marketplace, it can easily be a big hassle to find more affordable prices on Kia Borrego insurance.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. American insurance shoppers could cut their rates by up to 47% a year by just comparing quotes, but they won’t spend time to compare rate quotes.
To find more affordable rates, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from different companies. The best method to compare rates consists of shopping online.
Keep in mind that getting more free quotes gives you a better chance of getting more affordable insurance. Some regional insurers cannot provide online Tulsa Borrego insurance quotes, so it’s necessary to compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Tulsa, OK. In order to find cheap auto insurance in OK, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Car insurance is not optional in Oklahoma
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Borrego, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Borrego more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so shop around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Kia Borrego Insurance Rate Factors
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that go into determining your car insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with cheaper rates. Many different elements are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but some are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
The following are some of the factors used by companies to determine your prices.
- Men tend to take more risk – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both are in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage. Men also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping car theft.
- How credit rating affects car insurance prices – An insured’s credit score factor in determining premium rates. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with worse credit. If your credit history is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Kia Borrego by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Your career may increase rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Jobs like doctors, architects, and financial analysts tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder due to high stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other occupations such as farmers, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Kia from damage. Some coverage claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. Your deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Liability coverage is critical – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection if you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Get affordable Kia Borrego insurance in Tulsa with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there are discounts available that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Tulsa auto insurance quote in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles can earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will cut your policy premiums.
Large insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for easy pay, multi-policy, defensive driving, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, membership and employees, and military active duty.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, anti-theft, good student, education and occupation, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
- 21st Century has savings for homeowners, automatic seat belts, student driver, early bird, theft prevention, 55 and older, and driver training.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including good student, driver training, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, bundle, defensive driver, and air bag.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in your area. To see a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Tulsa, follow this link.
Buying from insurance agencies
Some consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in Tulsa that provide free Tulsa auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to you. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best provider requires you to look at more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does their agency support local causes in Tulsa?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is there a local claims center in Tulsa?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Tulsa?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Tulsa for you
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they function. Agencies in Tulsa are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive agents in Tulsa that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: David D’Arcangelo
4502 E 51st St – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 858-5000 – View Map
- Jonathan Gibson – State Farm Insurance Agent
205 E Pine St #102 – Tulsa, OK 74106 – (918) 382-5717 – View Map
- Mark Fugett – State Farm Insurance Agent
4949 S Mingo Rd – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 628-1900 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, it’s recommended you contact a few independent agents for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are Tulsa independent insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Louis Blosch Agency
9726 E 42nd St #210 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 664-7100 – View Map
- All American Insurance Agency
6145 E 21st St – Tulsa, OK 74114 – (918) 832-8823 – View Map
- Access Insurance
6373 E 31st St A – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 270-2220 – View Map
Upon getting good feedback to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your car insurance policy.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices and even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
We just showed you a lot of ways to compare Kia Borrego insurance prices in Tulsa. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Steps to saving money on Kia Borrego insurance in Tulsa
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save on Kia Borrego insurance in Tulsa is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Oklahoma. This can be done by following these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new agent or company. Immediately place your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This guarantees a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tulsa Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)