If you want to save money, the best way to get the cheapest Scion iQ insurance in Tulsa is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Oklahoma.
- First, gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that increase rates such as your driving record and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper iQ coverage is available. If you can save some money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, place the new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A tip to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Statistics show that almost 70% of drivers in Oklahoma renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in the United States can cut their rates by 46.5% a year, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Cutting your auto insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. Drivers just need to take the time comparing rates online from several insurance companies.
Comparing price quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to go to insurance agencies in your area. The fact that you can get quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the trained advice of a local agent. Although, it is possible get the lowest quotes online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Oklahoma. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Tulsa, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Oklahoma
Despite the high insurance cost for a Scion iQ in Tulsa, insurance serves an important purpose.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Scion at a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance preserves both your assets and your Scion. It will also cover medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Scion as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your iQ are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Get Cheaper Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are some of the most common factors that factor into your rate level.
Save money with responsible credit – An insured’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Scion iQ if you clean up your credit. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
Never have car insurance lapses – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Oklahoma department of motor vehicles.
Stay claim-free and save – Auto insurance companies in Oklahoma generally give discounts to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Adjust deductibles and save – Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims are running into the backend of another car, vandalism, or theft. Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Don’t get traffic citations – Drivers with clean records have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Only having one chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Scion iQ insurance loss data – Companies analyze historical claim data when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that historically have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Scion iQ vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts can help save money on Scion iQ insurance in Tulsa
Car insurance can be pricey, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but some need to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a discount up to 10%.
- Multi-line Discount – Some insurance companies give a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Allstate and GEICO will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates as compared to bad drivers.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military may lower your rates slightly.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Popular car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for safe driver, multi-vehicle, good student, renewal discount, driver training, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- MetLife offers discounts including good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, claim-free
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, multi-car, good student, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good driver, good student, TimeAway discount, early bird, accident-free, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, good student, air bags, and federal employee.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, multiple policy, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
If you are trying to find affordable Tulsa car insurance quotes, ask all the companies the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Tulsa. To find companies who offer car insurance discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Auto insurance agents near you
Many people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is still important in Tulsa.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Tulsa who will give you bids to get your business. You never need to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy insurance from an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents from which to choose. Agents in Tulsa are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can provide insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure through many different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a list of independent agents in Tulsa that can give you price quotes.
Glass Insurance Agency, Inc
4500 S Garnett Rd #914 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 663-5314 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents write business for a single company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Tulsa who can help you get rate quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Tulsa?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will they give you a referral list?
Upon getting reasonable responses for all questions you ask and the cheapest Scion iQ insurance in Tulsa quotes, most likely you have located an insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide insurance. Just keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel coverage at any point so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with your new company with no way to switch.
Frequent quotes can save
Lower-priced Scion iQ insurance in Tulsa is definitely available both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
We covered a lot of information how to compare Scion iQ insurance prices in Tulsa. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost.
More information can be read at these links:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tulsa Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tulsa Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)