How long has it been since you compared low-cost insurance rates in Tulsa, OK? Tulsa buyers have options when searching for the lowest priced Dodge Ram insurance. You can either spend your time calling around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates so we're going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage for your Dodge and get the lowest possible price either online or from Tulsa insurance agents.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices periodically because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best deal on Dodge Ram insurance in Tulsa six months ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to find great coverage at a great price.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Tulsa, OK. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the lowest price.
Premium rates and analysis
The data table below covers different insurance coverage prices for Dodge Ram models. Being aware of how policy premiums are calculated can be valuable when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$428||$704||$684||$40||$204||$2,060||$172|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$484||$858||$684||$40||$204||$2,270||$189|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$484||$858||$684||$40||$204||$2,270||$189|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$484||$858||$684||$40||$204||$2,270||$189|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$484||$858||$684||$40||$204||$2,270||$189|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$484||$858||$684||$40||$204||$2,270||$189|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$484||$858||$684||$40||$204||$2,270||$189|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$484||$858||$684||$40||$204||$2,270||$189|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$484||$858||$684||$40||$204||$2,270||$189|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$538||$1010||$684||$40||$204||$2,476||$206|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$538||$1010||$684||$40||$204||$2,476||$206|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$538||$1010||$684||$40||$204||$2,476||$206|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$538||$1010||$684||$40||$204||$2,476||$206|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$538||$1010||$684||$40||$204||$2,476||$206|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$538||$1010||$684||$40||$204||$2,476||$206|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$538||$1010||$684||$40||$204||$2,476||$206|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$538||$1010||$684||$40||$204||$2,476||$206|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$538||$1010||$684||$40||$204||$2,476||$206|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$538||$1164||$684||$40||$204||$2,630||$219|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$538||$1164||$684||$40||$204||$2,630||$219|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can impact insurance rates considerably.
Does full coverage make sense?
The example below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Oklahoma. Data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no exact rule of when to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Ram book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $600 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Determine discounts to get cheap Tulsa insurance quotes
Buying insurance is not cheap, but there's a good chance there are discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before being credited. If you don't get every credit available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Options like air bags can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Professional Organizations - Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a house in Tulsa may trigger a policy discount on insurance because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Low Miles Discount - Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current Ram insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Drivers that enable their insurance company to scrutinize driving patterns by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn't work that way.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data is based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that may offer these discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To choose companies offering insurance discounts in Tulsa, follow this link.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Ram in Tulsa, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Oklahoma and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Dodge, almost every bank will require you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your Dodge Ram and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Ram more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Tulsa overpays as much as $825 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
When should I contact an insurance agency?
A small number of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from local agencies is especially important in Tulsa.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Tulsa that can give you free Tulsa car insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you directly. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you're trying to find a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Tulsa can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can write policy coverage, but we need to point out why they differ since it can affect buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to contact at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Tulsa that can give you free price quotes.
- Best Insurance
1825 S Garnett Rd - Tulsa, OK 74128 - (918) 234-0022 - View Map
- Sawyer-Phillips and Associates, Inc.
6666 S Sheridan Rd #220 - Tulsa, OK 74133 - (918) 794-4000 - View Map
- Bracken Insurance Agency
9717 E 42nd St, Suite 105 - Tulsa, OK 74146 - (918) 744-4440 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tulsa that can give you comparison quotes.
- Daniel Parker - State Farm Insurance Agent
6770 S Sheridan Rd STE A - Tulsa, OK 74133 - (918) 994-5400 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Todd Williams
3315 S Yale Ave Ste 200 - Tulsa, OK 74135 - (918) 742-2784 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Teresa Sotelo
3309 S Yale Ave - Tulsa, OK 74135 - (918) 627-3855 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Tulsa, get answers to these questions.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?