Are you irritated from not being able to scrape enough together each month for car insurance? Your situation is no different than the majority of other vehicle owners in Oklahoma.
It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who rate shop once a year are highly likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding lower prices. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who shopped around annually saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding low prices for car insurance in Tulsa is the reason you’re here, then having a good understanding the best way to compare insurance coverage can make shopping around easier.
How to find low-cost rates for Dodge Stratus insurance in Tulsa
The most effective way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Tulsa.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices such as traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Stratus insurance in Tulsa. If you can save some money and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. Once received, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One thing to point out is that you use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Because there are so many choices of insurance companies that have lower-cost insurance for a Dodge Stratus in Tulsa, it is hard for the average consumer to choose a more affordable insurance company.
It’s a good habit to quote other rates at least once a year because prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Dodge Stratus insurance in Tulsa two years ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the fastest and easiest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
The fastest way that we advise to get policy rate comparisons for Dodge Stratus insurance in Tulsa is to understand most larger insurance companies participate in a system to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide details such as marital status, what you do for a living, whether you have decent credit, and if you went to college. Your information is instantly provided to many different companies and they return cost estimate quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Tulsa, OK. To locate cheap car insurance in Tulsa, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons to insure your Stratus
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Dodge, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Dodge for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Oklahoma is overpaying over $865 each year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Affordable Tulsa auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but some need to be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will provide an incentive simply for signing on the internet.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for reduced rates.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow companies to analyze vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, safe vehicle, good student, anti-theft, student away at school, good driver, and multiple autos.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, anti-theft, federal employee, military active duty, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for homeowner, safe driver, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for distant student, homeowner, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, and business and professional.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-car, good driver, education and occupation, and good student.
- USAA includes discounts for new vehicle, multi-vehicle, safe driver, vehicle storage, and loyalty savings.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be offered in Tulsa. To find auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Tulsa, follow this link.
Insurance agencies are trained to help
Some consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent. Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Tulsa that can give you free Tulsa auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an provider is decision based upon more than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Oklahoma?
- How long has their agency been open in Tulsa?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Tulsa?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
The different types of car insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Either one can handle auto insurance, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Tulsa who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you should always check rates from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Tulsa who can help you get comparison quotes.
Which is the best car insurance?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Tulsa car insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from a highly-rated car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Oklahoma. The company ratings below can help you decide which companies you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Keep this in mind when shopping around
More affordable car insurance in Tulsa is available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
When getting Tulsa auto insurance quotes online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can get a better price on Dodge Stratus insurance in Tulsa. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Dodge Stratus rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the best auto insurance rates are with a small mutual company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Steps to finding affordable Dodge Stratus insurance in Tulsa
The most effective way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates in Tulsa is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who provide car insurance in Oklahoma.
- Try to comprehend how companies set rates and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like traffic citations and a low credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get prices from every company you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Learners Permit in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)