If you’ve never shopped for Tulsa auto insurance quotes online, by this point your are probably baffled by the large number local agents and online companies competing for business in Tulsa.
Steps to buying discount Fiat 500 insurance in Tulsa
The easiest way to get cheaper Fiat 500 insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Tulsa.
First, try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices such as your driving record and poor credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Tulsa insurance shoppers could pocket about $550 a year just by shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
Smart Consumers Know How to Get Car Insurance Cheaper
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that go into determining your premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
- Your occupation may affect rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as military generals, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel tend to have higher premium rates due to high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. Other occupations such as actors, athletes and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
- Why do you need liability protection? – Liability coverage will protect you if ever you are found to be at fault for an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Do you need those incidental coverages? – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, towing, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Higher car insurance rates for car insurance policy lapses – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse can be a quick way to pay more for car insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage could earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
Loss statistics for a Fiat 500 – Auto insurance companies use data from past claims to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below outlines the historical loss data for Fiat 500 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Fiat 500 Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable Tulsa car insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t always advertise all their discounts very well, so we researched both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- College Student – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Tulsa and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Sign Early and Save – Select car insurance companies give a discount for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current 500 insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Tulsa auto insurance quote.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
If you would like to see a list of providers that offer discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Frequent quotes can save
When getting Tulsa auto insurance quotes online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cost effective Fiat 500 insurance can be found on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not offer online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent agencies.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Fiat 500 insurance in Tulsa. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Tulsa auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company.
How to find affordable quotes for Fiat 500 insurance in Tulsa
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Fiat 500 insurance in Tulsa is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers in Oklahoma.
- Take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like distracted driving and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. Be sure to keep your new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.