The best way to save money on Lincoln MKC insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies who sell insurance in Tulsa.
- It will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover tips to help prevent expensive coverage and find additional discounts.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View companies
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Remarkably, a study showed that nearly 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Consumers in Oklahoma could save themselves $600 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
To find cheaper Tulsa car insurance quotes, there are several ways to get quotes from lots of Oklahoma insurance companies. The easiest way to find the lowest rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Getting free rate quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it a waste of time to make phone calls or go to each insurance agency near you. The ability to quote Lincoln MKC insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the professional abilities that only a licensed agent can provide. Drivers can get the lowest quotes online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
Just keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies increases your odds of finding more affordable rates. Not every company provides Tulsa MKC insurance quotes over the internet, so you should also compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Oklahoma. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
These six discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before being credited.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow their auto insurance company to study driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a slight reduction on a Tulsa car insurance quote.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- Travelers may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-car, continuous insurance, early quote, and good student.
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, driver training, multi-policy, 55 and retired, good student, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, and safety features.
- American Family includes discounts for TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, air bags, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
Before buying, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Tulsa. If you would like to see a list of insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Tulsa, click this link.
Exclusive or independent auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to companies in Tulsa that can provide free Tulsa car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a insurance company should depend on more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Does their agency support local causes in Tulsa?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
When finding an insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Tulsa agents are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are trained well on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tulsa that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Tulsa that are able to give price quote information.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lincoln MKC in Tulsa, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Lincoln at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Lincoln MKC and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Oklahoma is overpaying over $750 every year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a broken windshield. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for claims like bail bonds, court costs, medical expenses, structural damage and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Oklahoma state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be enough.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills like chiropractic care, surgery, X-ray expenses and pain medications. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Auto collision coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your MKC to get cheaper collision coverage.
This provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Oklahoma drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Quote more and you will save more
Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Lower-priced Lincoln MKC insurance in Tulsa can be sourced online and with local Tulsa insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your Lincoln MKC insurance rates in Tulsa. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. They often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
As you quote Tulsa car insurance, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tulsa Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tulsa Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)