The best way we recommend to get low-cost Porsche Boxster insurance in Tulsa is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Oklahoma. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to understand car insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources. View rates
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Boxster coverage is available in Tulsa. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s hard to fathom, but a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,777, Oklahoma drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
These techniques will introduce you to how auto insurance companies operate. If you have a policy now, you should be able to get lower rates using the techniques presented in this article. Nevertheless, Oklahoma car owners must learn how companies set your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
The easiest way to compare rates for Porsche Boxster insurance in Tulsa is to take advantage of the fact car insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including how much you drive, the make and model of your vehicles, level of coverage desired, and whether or not you need a SR-22. Your rating data is then sent to many different companies and you will receive price estimates very quickly.
To check Porsche Boxster insurance prices now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Tulsa.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Oklahoma. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Oklahoma, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The premium table shown below showcases estimates of insurance prices for Porsche Boxster models. Being more informed about how premiums are figured can be valuable when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Boxster 2-Dr Convertible||$374||$816||$430||$26||$128||$1,774||$148|
|Boxster S 2-Dr Convertible||$414||$924||$430||$26||$128||$1,922||$160|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can change coverage rates greatly.
Lower-cost Tulsa car insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before being credited.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts as compared to bad drivers.
- Resident Student – Older children who are attending college and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few car insurance companies give discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Boxster insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable their insurance company to look at driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
The information below shows the difference between Porsche Boxster insurance premiums with and without some available policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for 55 and retired, driver training, multi-policy, youthful driver, and safe driver.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-car, anti-theft, education and occupation, good driver, multi-policy, good student, and AAA membership discount.
- American Family has savings for good student, air bags, accident-free, TimeAway discount, and Steer into Savings.
- GEICO may have discounts that include seat belt use, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, military active duty, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, good driver, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and accident-free.
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Tulsa. To view car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Oklahoma, follow this link.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Tulsa, insurance is required in Oklahoma but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Porsche, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Porsche for a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects your Porsche and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Best car insurance in Tulsa
Buying coverage from a good quality insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Oklahoma. The company rank data shown next may help you select which coverage providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Buying from insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower car insurance rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is especially important in Tulsa.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered directly to you. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Types of car insurance agents
When finding local Tulsa agents, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they operate. Tulsa agents are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you get some free quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Shown below is a small list of independent agencies in Tulsa who may provide price quote information.
- Jimmie A Neely Insurance
4444 E 66th St – Tulsa, OK 74136 – (918) 494-0600 – View Map
- Glass Insurance Agency, Inc
4500 S Garnett Rd #914 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 663-5314 – View Map
- EZ Insurance Agency
1207 S Memorial Dr – Tulsa, OK 74112 – (918) 794-3220 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to use the same agent mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are Tulsa exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance: Teresa Sotelo
3309 S Yale Ave – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 627-3855 – View Map
- Elonda Wicks – State Farm Insurance Agent
5807 S Garnett Rd g – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 252-3313 – View Map
- Ken Shoemaker – State Farm Insurance Agent
10115 S Sheridan Rd d – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 299-9995 – View Map
Picking a insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
After talking to the agent and getting good responses to all your questions as well as the cheapest Porsche Boxster insurance in Tulsa quotes, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide insurance coverage.