Unthinkable but true, a large majority of car insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Most drivers in Tulsa could save 35% each year, but they don’t want to take the time to shop around.
Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Tulsa is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Oklahoma. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many things that cause high rates such as your driving record and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for tips to help reduce premium rates and get bigger discounts.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze all possible companies. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
If you are already insured or just want a better rate, use these tips to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Locating affordable policy in Tulsa is not as time-consuming as you think. Drivers only have to learn the most efficient way to shop online.
Best companies for Ford Five Hundred insurance
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Tulsa, OK. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Tulsa, OK, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Seven discounts for lower-cost car insurance quotes
Some insurers don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on car insurance. If you do not double check each discount possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Five Hundred can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Ford can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Driver Safety – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Tulsa drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To find providers that offer multiple discounts in Tulsa, click here to view.
Are auto insurance agents used anymore?
Many people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is especially important in Tulsa.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Tulsa that provide free Tulsa car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an provider shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- What companies can they write with?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- What discounts might you be missing?
Car insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills for surgery, chiropractic care, hospital visits, ambulance fees and doctor visits. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as vandalism, hitting a deer, theft and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Ford Five Hundred.
Since many Oklahoma drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Oklahoma limits are 25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Auto liability insurance – This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims like medical expenses, legal defense fees, structural damage and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Oklahoma state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The chart below shows why low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage covers damage to your Five Hundred resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as rolling your car, driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Five Hundred to bring the cost down.
How to find a good Oklahoma auto insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Tulsa. The company information listed below may help you select which auto insurers you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
As you prepare to switch companies, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims, policy cancellation and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
We covered a lot of techniques to find cheap Ford Five Hundred insurance in Tulsa. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Tulsa car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
More information is available at the links below
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)