Want to learn the secrets to finding lower-priced Honda Clarity insurance in Tulsa? There isn’t a single person who enjoys paying for car insurance, especially when they are aware that their premiums are too high.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who shop around for cheaper prices are likely to switch car insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved as much as $860 a year compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving the most money on insurance in Tulsa is the reason you’re reading this, understanding how to find and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
Popular companies such as GEICO and Progressive constantly blast consumers with catchy ads and it is difficult to see past the corporate glitz and take the time to shop coverage around.
What Determines Honda Clarity Insurance Costs?
Multiple criteria are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that aid in calculating insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Do you know your coverage deductibles? – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Safer vehicles lower rates – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- More traffic means higher claims – Choosing to live in less populated areas has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large Oklahoma cities have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Higher commute times means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Only having one speeding ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who get license-revoking violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for lower cost passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Many companies allow discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you may still want to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a significant other actually saves money compared to being single. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Theft deterrents save – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent car theft.
Lower-cost Honda Clarity insurance quotes in Tulsa
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but a few must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies allow discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Clarity insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Tulsa car insurance quotes online.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your next insurance statement.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Tulsa car insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some companies that have many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not be available in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Oklahoma, follow this link.
Cheaper auto insurance is out there
Low-cost Honda Clarity insurance in Tulsa is attainable online and from local agencies, so you need to quote Tulsa car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
Steps to quoting cheaper Honda Clarity insurance in Tulsa
To save the most money, the best way to save money on Honda Clarity insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Tulsa. This can be done by completing these steps.
- First, take a little time to learn about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause high rates such as careless driving and a negative credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies. Compare rates
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. When you receive it, keep the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Grand Caravan? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tulsa Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)