Astonishing but true, most consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in Oklahoma could save approximately 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The preferred way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Tulsa is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Oklahoma. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, get an understanding of policy coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like getting speeding tickets and a low credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for ideas to help prevent costly coverage and earn a bigger discount.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper RS7 coverage is available in Tulsa. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, place the new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to compare as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Buying affordable insurance in Tulsa is quite easy. If you’re already insured, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the tips covered below. Smart shoppers just have to know the tricks to compare rate quotes online.
Cutting your Tulsa insurance rates is not a difficult process. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rates online from several insurance companies.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Oklahoma. If you wish to find the best car insurance in OK, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi RS7 insurance, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Audi RS7, almost all lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Audi at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so the list below details some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Tulsa is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance.
- No Claims – Tulsa drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially when compared to bad drivers.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower car insurance rates if you buy some life insurance too.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Large car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Travelers discounts include save driver, payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, student away at school, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for good student, new graduate, newly married, newly retired, and new move discount.
- American Family may have discounts that include good driver, accident-free, multi-vehicle, air bags, early bird, mySafetyValet, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in every state. If you would like to view providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Tulsa, click this link.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.