Are you researching cheaper Dodge Magnum insurance in Tulsa? Do you get exhausted from not being able to afford each month for auto insurance? You are in the same boat as many other Oklahoma drivers.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most auto insurance customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Many drivers in Oklahoma can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
Because you have many choices for buying lower-cost insurance for a Dodge Magnum in Tulsa, it’s nearly impossible to locate the lowest price insurance company.
Consumers need to shop coverage around before your policy renews because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best rate on Dodge Magnum insurance in Tulsa a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the only way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Resident Student – Older children who are attending college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow their company to study when and where they use their vehicle remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Good Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may receive a small discount on rates.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
To choose auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Tulsa, follow this link.
The majority of larger companies such as Allstate and Progressive make it easy to get prices from their websites. Getting quotes for Dodge Magnum insurance in Tulsa is fairly straightforward as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. Once entered, the quote system requests reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on many factors. Quoting online for Dodge Magnum insurance in Tulsa makes it simple to compare prices and it is important to do this if you want to get affordable rates.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. This way, you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for similar coverage.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Oklahoma. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in Tulsa, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Get Dodge Magnum Insurance for Less
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better car insurance rates. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are less apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Get married and pay lower costs – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. It means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Minor frequent policy claims are not good – Car insurance companies in Oklahoma generally give the lowest premiums to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Decrease car insurance rates by maintaining coverage – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a fast way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a license revocation or jail time.
Men pay more for insurance coverage – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
Teenagers vs. older drivers – Older people are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations. Beginning drivers are proven to be more careless when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your Magnum policy. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
Drive lots and pay more – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated Magnum may be costing you higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your policy is showing the correct driver usage.
Tickets hurt – Careful drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Only having one driving citation may increase your cost substantially. Drivers who have license-revoking violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Insurance quotes from local Tulsa insurance agencies
A small number of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Tulsa.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to participating agents in Tulsa who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can find better rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking a insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Tulsa will have answers to these questions.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Magnum in Tulsa, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Dodge, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Dodge Magnum but also your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Magnum more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $830 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Persistence will pay off
You just read quite a bit of information on how to reduce Dodge Magnum insurance rates online in Tulsa. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Tulsa auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Dodge Magnum insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
A few companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers work with local independent agencies. Lower-priced Dodge Magnum insurance in Tulsa is available online in addition to many Tulsa insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Dodge Magnum insurance in Tulsa
The easiest way to find cheaper prices for Dodge Magnum insurance is to compare quotes annually from companies in Tulsa.
First, try to learn about coverages and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations and a negative credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates now
Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new company or agent. Be sure to keep your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)