Statistics show that the majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. The average driver in America could save an average of roughly $859 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t want to compare other rate quotes.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find the cheapest price for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Tulsa.
- Get a basic knowledge of coverages and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a negative credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new policy. As soon as you can, place your new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise every discount available very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on SLS AMG insurance in Tulsa.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with one company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Auto insurance companies that have some of the above discounts include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply in your state. To see companies that offer the discounts shown above in Oklahoma, click here to view.
How much does Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Tulsa cost?
Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Learn How to Quote Car Insurance More Affordably
Many things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other factors are less apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – The majority of insurers will award better rates to policyholders who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates. It’s possible to still find lower rates by buying from different companies
How old are your drivers? – Teen drivers in Oklahoma are known to be less responsible when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a inexperienced driver onto a policy can be very expensive. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Safe vehicles get lower rates. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Mercedes-Benz has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
Car insurance policy lapses increase rates – Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Traffic violations inflate costs – A bad driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Just one ticket could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have received multiple tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The performance of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Coverage deductibles are a factor – Your deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
Auto insurance agents are professional risk managers
Many drivers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Tulsa who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does their agency support local causes in Tulsa?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Oklahoma?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a good Tulsa insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Agencies in Tulsa can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive agencies in Tulsa that are able to give price quote information.
- Jonathan Gibson – State Farm Insurance Agent
205 E Pine St #102 – Tulsa, OK 74106 – (918) 382-5717 – View Map
- State Farm: Anita Ewing –
10021 S Yale Ave #102 – Tulsa, OK 74137 – (918) 298-2100 – View Map
- Clarence Zitterkob – State Farm Insurance Agent
7820 E 101st St – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 369-2000 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you absolutely need to include at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are independent agents in Tulsa willing to provide price quotes.
- Admiral Insurance Agency
6710 E Admiral Pl – Tulsa, OK 74115 – (918) 836-5551 – View Map
- GDK Insurance Agency, Inc.
3908 E 31st St – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 742-5861 – View Map
- Charles G. Harris Insurance
4724 S Union Ave – Tulsa, OK 74107 – (918) 446-4421 – View Map
Best reasons to buy insurance in Oklahoma
Despite the high cost, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Mercedes-Benz at a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Mercedes-Benz gets damaged, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $800 each year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Frequent quotes can save
Budget-conscious Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance is possible both online and also from your neighborhood Tulsa agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not offer rate quotes online and many times these small insurance companies work with local independent agents.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent or even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.
When getting Tulsa car insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tulsa Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tulsa Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Felons in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tundra in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)