The recommended way to find affordable auto insurance rates in Tulsa is to compare prices regularly from companies in Oklahoma.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Unimaginable but true, 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in Tulsa could pocket up to 35% a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Obtaining price quotes for the best auto insurance coverage in Tulsa is not as confusing as people think. Essentially every driver who is shopping for auto insurance stands a good chance to be able to find lower rates. Nevertheless, Oklahoma car owners benefit from understanding how companies determine how much to charge.
Cheap Toyota insurance prices in Tulsa
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Tulsa, OK. If you want cheaper car insurance in Tulsa, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but some need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you may save up to 20% off your total Highlander Hybrid insurance premium.
- Club Memberships – Joining a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course in high school.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Larger car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include defensive driver, air bag, bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including professional/association, good driver, ease of repair, anti-theft, and low natural disaster claims.
- GEICO has savings for emergency military deployment, anti-theft, good student, air bags, multi-policy, and membership and employees.
- AAA offers discounts for education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, multi-car, good driver, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, student away at school, good student, accident-free, passive restraint, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Tulsa.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to a policy, there is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions can help discover whether you may require specific advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Oklahoma?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Will my Toyota Highlander Hybrid be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Local Tulsa insurance agents
A small number of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is especially important in Tulsa.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Tulsa who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below are Tulsa independent agencies who may provide free auto insurance rate quotes.
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are exclusive agencies in Tulsa that can give you price quotes.
Beverly Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
7112 S Mingo Rd #102b – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 250-1550 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Tulsa should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive protection – This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft, falling objects, damage from getting keyed and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Highlander Hybrid resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Highlander Hybrid in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverages – This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like court costs, legal defense fees, funeral expenses, bail bonds and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Oklahoma state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Oklahoma drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical expense coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses such as surgery, chiropractic care, funeral costs, EMT expenses and dental work. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Frequent quotes can save
We just covered some good ideas how you can save on Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance in Tulsa. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with the least-expected company. Smaller companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Lower-priced Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance in Tulsa is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and usually these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tulsa Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Tulsa Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)