It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Tulsa is to compare quotes once a year from companies in Oklahoma.
- Try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases such as high-risk driving behaviors and a substandard credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for more details to find cheap rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. Once received, store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who shop around are inclined to move their business because they have good chances of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey found that consumers who regularly compared rates saved about $860 a year compared to people who never compared prices.
If saving money on Chevy Cobalt insurance in Tulsa is your goal, understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze car insurance can help simplify the process.
Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Tulsa is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Basically, every driver who has to buy car insurance should find a lower-cost company. Nevertheless, Oklahoma car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies market on the web and apply this information to your search.
Informed Consumers Save Every Year
Multiple criteria are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but some are more obscure such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
Better rates with anti-theft devices – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
Pay less with a high safety rating – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums. If your Chevy Cobalt is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
Companies want multiple policies – Most insurance companies provide lower prices for people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still compare other Tulsa Cobalt insurance rates to ensure the best deal.
Accidents drive up prices – Even one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. People who have severe violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can affect Chevy Cobalt insurance prices for each age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
You might want pay the minor policy claims yourself – Companies in Oklahoma give cheaper rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
Better credit means lower costs – Credit history will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit history can be improved, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Cobalt if you clean up your credit.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know car insurance companies will pay a fee to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is provide information such as your occupation, how much you drive, if you have an active license, and marital status. That rating information is automatically sent to many of the top insurers and you receive quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Tulsa, OK. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Tulsa, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The rate information below showcases different insurance coverage prices for Chevy Cobalt models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance prices are calculated is important to be able to make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cobalt LS 4-Dr Sedan||$302||$688||$506||$30||$152||$1,678||$140|
|Cobalt XFE 4-Dr Sedan||$302||$688||$506||$30||$152||$1,678||$140|
|Cobalt LS 2-Dr Coupe||$346||$688||$560||$34||$168||$1,796||$150|
|Cobalt XFE 2-Dr Coupe||$346||$688||$560||$34||$168||$1,796||$150|
|Cobalt LT 4-Dr Sedan||$346||$688||$506||$30||$152||$1,722||$144|
|Cobalt LT 2-Dr Coupe||$392||$688||$560||$34||$168||$1,842||$154|
|Cobalt SS Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$436||$896||$560||$34||$168||$2,094||$175|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in Tulsa which can raise or lower premium rates noticeably.
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can influence Chevy Cobalt yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Cobalt insurance premiums with and without full coverage. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no set rule to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Cobalt replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Oklahoma
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Cobalt insurance, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America overpays as much as $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheaper rates on Chevy Cobalt insurance in Tulsa with these car insurance discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy before your current Cobalt insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military can result in better prices.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your policy premium.
The information below shows the comparison of Chevy Cobalt car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The information is based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
To choose insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Tulsa, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Tulsa auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
By using this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Tulsa who will return price quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Is there a local claims center in Tulsa?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How long has their agency been open in Tulsa?
When researching a local Tulsa insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they function. Agencies in Tulsa may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Tulsa willing to provide price quotes.
Jake Phillip – State Farm Insurance Agent
5113 S Peoria Ave – Tulsa, OK 74105 – (918) 743-5501 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to compare prices from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Tulsa that are able to give rate quotes.
After you get good responses to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy. Just understand that you can always cancel a policy whenever you wish so never assume you’re contractually obligated to a policy with no way to switch.
Be persistent and save
Some insurance providers do not offer online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers work with independent agents. The cheapest Chevy Cobalt insurance in Tulsa can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents in Tulsa, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
We’ve covered many tips how you can get a better price on Chevy Cobalt insurance in Tulsa. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from a small mutual company. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Additional car insurance information can be found at the links below
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)