Having to pay for overpriced Ford Expedition insurance in Tulsa can consume your savings and put the squeeze on your family’s finances.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who shop around at least once a year will, in all likelihood, switch car insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding better rates. A recent survey discovered that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved on average $865 annually compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance in Tulsa is your intention, then having a good understanding how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Steps to buying cheaper Ford Expedition insurance in Tulsa
The easiest way to find low-cost Ford Expedition insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Tulsa.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for tips to help prevent high rates and get additional discounts.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Tulsa. If you can save money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. Once coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Big companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance increase brand awareness with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to ignore the promise of big savings and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers need to check car insurance prices at least once a year because rates are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best premium rates on Ford Expedition insurance in Tulsa two years ago you will most likely find a better price today. You can search a lot of Expedition insurance on the internet, but you can learn the easiest ways to buy car insurance cheaper in Tulsa.
Insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a defensive driver class could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Ford could qualify for slightly better prices than normal.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your insurance provider.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below compares Ford Expedition car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The information is based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, continuous insurance, multi-policy, save driver, hybrid/electric vehicle, and student away at school.
- 21st Century offers discounts including theft prevention, good student, air bags, 55 and older, and teen driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, student away at school, passive restraint, and good driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, good student, federal employee, air bags, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO has discounts for safe driver, multi-car, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, drive less, accident prevention training, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA includes discounts for good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
Check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not be available in Tulsa.
How to compare Tulsa Ford Expedition insurance quotes
Just keep in mind that comparing more prices helps improve the odds of finding lower pricing.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Oklahoma. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Tulsa, OK, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
The coverage information displayed below highlights detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Ford Expedition models. Being more informed about how auto insurance premiums are figured is important for drivers to make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$298||$494||$430||$26||$128||$1,376||$115|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$336||$602||$430||$26||$128||$1,522||$127|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$336||$602||$430||$26||$128||$1,522||$127|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$336||$602||$430||$26||$128||$1,522||$127|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$336||$708||$430||$26||$128||$1,628||$136|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$336||$708||$430||$26||$128||$1,628||$136|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$336||$708||$430||$26||$128||$1,628||$136|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$374||$708||$430||$26||$128||$1,666||$139|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$374||$708||$430||$26||$128||$1,666||$139|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$374||$708||$430||$26||$128||$1,666||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can revise premium rates significantly.
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Ford Expedition annual premium costs for each different age category. The costs are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance premiums by gender
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford Expedition insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance can be complex
When selecting coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you might need professional guidance.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- What happens if I owe more than my Ford Expedition is worth?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
Some people just want to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is you may find lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Does their agency support local causes in Tulsa?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Types of auto insurance agents
When finding a reliable insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Agents in Tulsa may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Tulsa who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are Tulsa independent agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Glass Insurance Agency, Inc
4500 S Garnett Rd #914 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 663-5314 – View Map
Once you have received good responses to your questions as well as low cost Ford Expedition insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is professional and can service your policy.
Persistence pays off
Discount Ford Expedition insurance in Tulsa is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents in Tulsa, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
We covered a lot of information how to find lower-cost Ford Expedition insurance in Tulsa. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Tulsa auto insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
When searching for low cost Tulsa auto insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
How to find cheaper rates for Ford Expedition insurance in Tulsa
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save money on Ford Expedition insurance in Tulsa is to compare prices annually from companies in Oklahoma.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many things that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Expedition coverage is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
An important note is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)