The easiest way to find more affordable car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who can sell car insurance in Tulsa.
- Get a basic knowledge of what is in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that drive up the price like getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
The key thing to remember is to try to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and to quote with all possible companies. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
It’s amazing but a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in Tulsa can save $551 each year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the rate savings if they changed companies.
Cheap GMC insurance rate quotes in Tulsa
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in Tulsa, OK. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
GMC Terrain insurance rates and statistics
The table shown below outlines a range of insurance policy prices for GMC Terrain models. Understanding more about how auto insurance premiums are established can benefit drivers when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Terrain SLE 2WD||$184||$378||$430||$26||$128||$1,146||$96|
|Terrain SLE AWD||$184||$378||$430||$26||$128||$1,146||$96|
|Terrain SLT 2WD||$208||$446||$430||$26||$128||$1,238||$103|
|Terrain SLT AWD||$208||$446||$430||$26||$128||$1,238||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease coverage rates significantly.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change GMC Terrain annual premium costs for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance premiums by gender
The illustration below shows the comparison of GMC Terrain annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The information below shows the comparison of GMC Terrain auto insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no set guideline of when to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your GMC Terrain settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Lower Your Tulsa Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the items that factor into your rates.
Low stress job equals lower rates – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like military personnel, social workers, and accountants generally have higher rates than average because of high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs such as professors, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
File insurance claims and pay more – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Oklahoma generally give most affordable rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Teenagers are high risk – Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
The next chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Discounts for married couples – Walking down the aisle may save some money on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
Don’t let your coverage lapse – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you fines and jail time.
Premiums are affected by your credit rating – Your credit rating is a big factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your GMC Terrain by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds with good credit tend to file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings.
Higher deductibles reduce premiums – Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your GMC from damage. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, hitting a deer, or theft. The deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Save money by having multiple policies – Most larger insurers will award lower prices to customers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be as much as ten percent or more If you currently are using one company, you may still want to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may save even more than the discount by buying from different companies
Insurance loss probability for a GMC Terrain – Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher premium rates.
The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for GMC Terrain vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|GMC Terrain 4dr 2WD||89||83||81||96||92||86|
|GMC Terrain 4dr 4WD||89||86||85||83||82||74|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper GMC Terrain insurance in Tulsa with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a driver safety class could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Paperwork-free – Many insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy digitally online.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow companies to spy on driving manner by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Tulsa auto insurance quote in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The information below illustrates the difference between GMC Terrain premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data assumes a female driver, no violations or accidents, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for air bags, good student, anti-lock brakes, student driver, 55 and older, and homeowners.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, multiple autos, good driver, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- AAA offers discounts for good student, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, and pay-in-full.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver discount, newly retired, safety features, new vehicle discount, new graduate, and hybrid vehicle.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your state. To view providers who offer free GMC Terrain insurance quotes in Tulsa, click this link.
Are auto insurance agents used anymore?
Some people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower prices and still have a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is still important in Tulsa.
By using this short form, the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Tulsa that can provide free Tulsa auto insurance quotes to get your business. There is no reason to even leave your home because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
When searching for a good Tulsa insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to compare prices from independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Tulsa that can give you pricing information.
Glass Insurance Agency, Inc
4500 S Garnett Rd #914 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 663-5314 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Tulsa who can help you get price quotes.
Jake Phillip – State Farm Insurance Agent
5113 S Peoria Ave – Tulsa, OK 74105 – (918) 743-5501 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Oklahoma?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How long has their agency been open in Tulsa?
Affordable auto insurance is out there
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on GMC Terrain insurance in Tulsa. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Tulsa auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Tulsa auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. They often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available by following these links:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Tulsa Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)