It takes a little time, but the best way to get the cheapest Honda CR-Z insurance in Tulsa is to start comparing prices yearly from companies in Oklahoma. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Learn about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases like careless driving and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, store the certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who compare rates at least once a year are very likely to switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey found that people who compared prices once a year saved approximately $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding discount rates on car insurance is your ultimate objective, then having some insight into the best way to quote and compare insurance coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
Honda CR-Z Insurance Rates Can Be Cheaper
Lots of things are used when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but others are less apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower car insurance prices.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine your premiums.
- Being married is a good thing – Walking down the aisle may save some money on your car insurance bill. It generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Deter vehicle theft – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
- Improve your credit rating and save – An insured’s credit score factor in determining your rates. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit. So if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Honda CR-Z by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Annual miles is a factor – The more you drive every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. An improperly rated CR-Z can cost quite a bit. It’s a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Always keep your car insurance policy in force – Driving without insurance is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Reserve insurance claims for larger damages – Car insurance companies in Oklahoma give discounts to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Extra policy coverages can add up – Insurance companies have many additional coverages that can waste your money if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
Insurance losses for a Honda CR-Z – Auto insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help determine rates. Vehicles that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher premium rate. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Honda CR-Z vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Honda CR-Z Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-Z Hybrid 106 87 83 98BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to lower your Honda CR-Z insurance cost in Tulsa, OK
To find the best insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from many available insurance companies in Oklahoma. One of the best ways to comparison shop involves getting comparison quotes online.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to each insurance agency near you. Quoting and buying Honda CR-Z insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the advice and guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although you can compare the best prices online but buy from a local insurance agent. Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting the best price.
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Tulsa, OK. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Tulsa, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, insurance is required by state law in Oklahoma and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your Honda and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get cheaper Honda CR-Z insurance in Tulsa with discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your home and auto policies with one company you may earn up to 20% and get you low cost Honda CR-Z insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- The Hartford includes discounts for vehicle fuel type, air bag, good student, driver training, and anti-theft.
- American Family may offer discounts for good student, good driver, air bags, bundled insurance, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, online signing, and homeowner.
- Travelers may have discounts that include home ownership, continuous insurance, new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for good student, distant student, pay in full, switch companies, business and professional, and youthful driver.
- USAA may include discounts for multi-vehicle, military installation, defensive driver, family discount, multi-policy, annual mileage, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include good student, hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, and safety features.
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your area. For a list of insurers who offer discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Some people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Tulsa.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that provide free Tulsa auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to use a good insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they function. Agencies in Tulsa can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, you will want to contact at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Tulsa that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tulsa that are able to give price quote information.
Picking the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Once you have received positive responses to all your questions and cheap CR-Z insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
Insurance savings summarized
As you quote Tulsa auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
Lower-priced insurance in Tulsa is possible both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies.
You just read a lot of techniques to save on Honda CR-Z insurance in Tulsa. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More learning opportunities
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)