Are you looking for low-cost insurance rates in Tulsa, OK? Tulsa buyers have many options when searching for the best price on Pontiac Solstice insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance so we’re going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage for your Pontiac and obtain the cheapest rates.
It’s a great practice to do rate comparisons once or twice a year because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Tulsa at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Finding cheap Tulsa insurance prices is a great way to save money. All that’s required is to invest a little time comparing price quotes to see which company has inexpensive Tulsa auto insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Tulsa, OK. To get cheap auto insurance in OK, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all their discounts very well, so we researched some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Tulsa auto insurance online.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their auto insurance company to track their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Distant Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Tulsa auto insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- The Hartford has discounts for defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, bundle, anti-theft, and driver training.
- American Family has savings for TimeAway discount, early bird, air bags, multi-vehicle, good driver, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including early quote, IntelliDrive, driver training, payment discounts, multi-policy, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for bundle discounts, business and professional, teen driver, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, and switch companies.
- USAA may offer discounts for driver training, safe driver, family discount, multi-vehicle, and loyalty savings.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including good student, newly retired, teen driver discount, exclusive group savings, and new vehicle discount.
If you are trying to find low cost Tulsa auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not be available in your state.
Three good reasons to insure your Pontiac Solstice
Despite the potentially high cost of Pontiac Solstice insurance, car insurance is mandatory in Oklahoma but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Pontiac, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Pontiac at an extremely high rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $830 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
When to contact an insurance agency
Some consumers still like to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important especially in Tulsa.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
When researching a local Tulsa insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can handle car insurance, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Tulsa that may be able to provide price quotes.
- Best Insurance Inc.
1618 W 51st St – Tulsa, OK 74107 – (918) 949-3555 – View Map
- Mclemore Insurance Inc
6965 S 69th E Ave – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 743-9868 – View Map
- Sawyer-Phillips and Associates, Inc.
6666 S Sheridan Rd #220 – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 794-4000 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Tulsa that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – Jimmy Willis
6111 S Mingo Rd – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 250-6770 – View Map
- Jonathan Gibson – State Farm Insurance Agent
205 E Pine St #102 – Tulsa, OK 74106 – (918) 382-5717 – View Map
- Velta Augusta – State Farm Insurance Agent
8929 S Memorial Dr #190 – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 254-1959 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Where are claims handled?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Tulsa?