To save the most money, the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in Tulsa is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in Oklahoma. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, accidents and your credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for ideas to get cheaper rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who shop around for cheaper rates are likely to move their business because they have good chances of finding a policy with better rates. A recent study showed that consumers who routinely compared rates saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best rates on insurance in Tulsa is the reason you’re here, then having a grasp of how to get rate quotes and compare auto insurance can save time and make the process easier.
If you have coverage now or need a new policy, use these money-saving tips to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. These techniques will teach you the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance. Drivers only have to learn the tricks to compare company rates online.
Smart Buyers Can Reduce Their Insurance Prices
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that help determine your insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may result in big savings.
The items below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums. If your Subaru Crosstrek earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Never let your insurance policy expire – Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Oklahoma department of motor vehicles.
- Higher rates for high stress occupations – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like military generals, social workers, and miners generally have higher premium rates because of high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations such as actors, students and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Raising comp and collision deductibles saves money – Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are rear-ending another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the less your insurance will be.
- Gender is a factor – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Males and females tend to get into auto accidents in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- File claims and pay more – Companies in Oklahoma give lower rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
- The higher your credit rating the lower your prices – Having a bad credit history factor in determining premium rates. People with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit history is not that good, you may save money insuring your Subaru Crosstrek by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Car insurance liability limits – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in when a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Save with these discounts
Some providers don’t always publicize all their discounts very well, so we researched some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you. If you do not double check each discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn cheaper prices.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discounted price on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will forgive one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on Crosstrek insurance in Tulsa.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts will help reduce the premium cost.
To locate insurance companies with the best Subaru Crosstrek insurance discounts in Tulsa in Tulsa, click here to view.
One last thing to lower rates
In this article, we presented many ways to find affordable Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Tulsa. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Subaru Crosstrek rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high prices, unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be pretty painless.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More information can be found at these links:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)