Did budget coverage turn out to be an expensive auto insurance policy? Say no more because many Tulsa drivers feel the same as you.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who shop rates annually are highly likely to switch companies because of the high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A survey found that people who compared rates once a year saved on average $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is why you’re reading this, then having a grasp of how to choose a company and compare insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
Steps to buying discount Volkswagen Routan insurance in Tulsa
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on Volkswagen Routan insurance in Tulsa is to regularly compare quotes from different companies who provide auto insurance in Oklahoma.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how companies set rates and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as careless driving and a bad credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for additional tips to help prevent costly coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Multiple insurers compete to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company to find the absolute lowest rate on Volkswagen Routan insurance in Tulsa.
You need to get comparison quotes yearly since rates go up and down regularly. Even if you got the lowest premium rates on Volkswagen Routan insurance in Tulsa on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to get good coverage on Volkswagen Routan insurance in Tulsa at a lower rate.
If you’re already insured or just want cheaper rates, follow these tips to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the best insurance company for you in Tulsa is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Drivers just have to use the fastest way to get comparison quotes instantly.
Get cheaper Volkswagen Routan insurance rates in Tulsa
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current Routan insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get reduced rates.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Routan yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, seat belt use, multi-policy, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and daytime running lights.
- MetLife offers discounts including accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including IntelliDrive, home ownership, good student, save driver, student away at school, early quote, and driver training.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for accident prevention training, drive less, homeowner, teen safe driver, anti-theft, and bundle discounts.
- AAA includes discounts for good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
When quoting, ask every insurance company how you can save money. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer cheap Volkswagen Routan insurance quotes in Tulsa, click here to view.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Volkswagen Routan insurance in Tulsa is to know the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide a little information such as if a SR-22 is required, if the vehicle is leased, types of safety features, and your occupation. Your information is instantly provided to multiple companies and they respond with quotes quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Tulsa.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Oklahoma. If you want cheap car insurance in OK, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Volkswagen Routan insurance charts and tables
The rate table displayed below outlines different insurance policy prices for Volkswagen Routan models. Learning a little about how insurance prices are formulated can aid in making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Routan S 2WD||$242||$380||$430||$26||$128||$1,206||$101|
|Routan SE 2WD||$274||$462||$430||$26||$128||$1,320||$110|
|Routan SEL 2WD||$274||$544||$430||$26||$128||$1,402||$117|
|Routan SEL Premium 6 Cyl 2WD||$304||$544||$430||$26||$128||$1,432||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in your specific Tulsa location which can lower or raise coverage rates substantially.
Raise deductibles and save
One common question asked by Tulsa drivers is how high should the physical damage deductibles be. The tables below highlight the premium difference when you choose different physical damage coverage deductibles. The first data set uses a $100 deductible and the second price chart uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Routan S 2WD||$386||$572||$382||$22||$114||$1,501||$125|
|Routan SE 2WD||$436||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,677||$140|
|Routan SEL 2WD||$436||$822||$382||$22||$114||$1,801||$150|
|Routan SEL Premium 6 Cyl 2WD||$486||$822||$382||$22||$114||$1,851||$154|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Routan S 2WD||$214||$302||$382||$22||$114||$1,034||$86|
|Routan SE 2WD||$242||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,128||$94|
|Routan SEL 2WD||$242||$432||$382||$22||$114||$1,192||$99|
|Routan SEL Premium 6 Cyl 2WD||$270||$432||$382||$22||$114||$1,220||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can raise or lower premium rates noticeably.
Using the premium rates above, we can conclude that using a $100 deductible will cost you roughly $47 more each month or $564 annually than quoting the higher $1,000 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $900 more to settle a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to go at a minimum 19 months between claims, you would probably come out ahead if you choose the higher deductible.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault accidents influence Volkswagen Routan auto insurance rates for each age group. The rates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance rates by age and gender
The chart below compares Volkswagen Routan insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Routan auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Oklahoma. The premiums are based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no definitive formula for dropping full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen Routan settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Volkswagen Routan?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Oklahoma?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Tulsa insurance agency
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Tulsa who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting a insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Who are their largest clients?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Oklahoma?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Tulsa
When searching for a local insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Either one can write auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are Tulsa exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Cathy Warren – State Farm Insurance Agent
6119 E 91st St Ste 100 – Tulsa, OK 74137 – (918) 481-6655 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Tulsa that are able to give comparison quotes.
Glass Insurance Agency, Inc
4500 S Garnett Rd #914 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 663-5314 – View Map
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Routan in Tulsa, car insurance is required in Oklahoma but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Volkswagen, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Volkswagen Routan and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen Routan.
Due to the fact that many Oklahoma drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability – Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Oklahoma requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not be adequate.
Collision – This coverage pays for damage to your Routan resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like driving through your garage door, rolling your car, colliding with a tree and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Routan to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like surgery, rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, nursing services and EMT expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive auto insurance – This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and damage from flooding. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Cheaper rates are available
We covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Volkswagen Routan insurance in Tulsa. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company.
As you quote Tulsa auto insurance, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices or even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Steps to finding low-cost Volkswagen Routan insurance in Tulsa
The most effective way to find better pricing on Volkswagen Routan insurance is to annually compare prices from different companies in Tulsa. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to understand how companies set rates and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that drive up the price like multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. When you receive it, place your new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Teenage Males in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tulsa Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)