It’s hard to fathom, but a large majority of car insurance policyholders in Oklahoma renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Drivers in the United States could save $850 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched.
The best way we recommend to find discount car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Tulsa. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides more ideas to help reduce premium rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates now
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Uplander insurance. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy Uplander insurance in Tulsa
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every possible discount very well, so below is a list both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, driver training, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safety rewards, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, and anti-theft.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, anti-theft, passive restraint, defensive driving training, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, good student, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century offers discounts including teen driver, air bags, homeowners, early bird, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and online quote discount.
Before buying, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Tulsa.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Chevy Uplander insurance in Tulsa is to know the trick almost all companies provide online access to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is give them some information such as which vehicles you own, your job, if you have an active license, and types of safety features. The data is automatically sent to multiple companies and you will receive price estimates within a short period of time.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Oklahoma. If you want to find the best auto insurance in Tulsa, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Tulsa Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get cheaper rates.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
Driving citations are costly – Your driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with severe citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Save money with higher deductibles – The deductibles you choose tell how much you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, or theft of your vehicle. The more money you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Bundle policies with the same company – Most insurers apply a discount to policyholders who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to compare other Tulsa Uplander insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
Fewer miles means better premiums – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. Verify your insurance policy properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Uplander can cost quite a bit.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to a policy, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- What states are considered no-fault?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- What is GAP insurance?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Local insurance agents
Some people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this quick form, your information is emailed to agents in your area that can give you free Tulsa car insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an provider requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Who are their largest clients?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How long has their agency been open in Tulsa?
Below are Tulsa car insurance companies who can help you get rate quotes for Chevy Uplander insurance in Tulsa.
- Rooney Insurance Agency, Inc.
4700 S Garnett Rd #200 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 582-0565 – View Map
- Beverly Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
7112 S Mingo Rd #102b – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 250-1550 – View Map
- Sawyer-Phillips and Associates, Inc.
6666 S Sheridan Rd #220 – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 794-4000 – View Map
- Velta Augusta – State Farm Insurance Agent
8929 S Memorial Dr #190 – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 254-1959 – View Map
Upon getting reasonable responses and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to a company that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles. But remember, you can always cancel a policy when you choose so never feel you are locked into any specific company indefinitely.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Tulsa, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Oklahoma but it also protects more than you think.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for it.
Third, car insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Uplander are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $810 a year so compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
The cheapest Chevy Uplander insurance in Tulsa can be purchased from both online companies and with local Tulsa insurance agents, so get free Tulsa car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer rates over the internet and usually these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tulsa Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tulsa Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)