It’s safe to assume that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who rate shop once a year are likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A study showed that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved about $850 each year compared to people who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best price on auto insurance in Tulsa is the reason you’re reading this, then having an understanding of how to quote and compare coverages can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Really, the only way to get budget car insurance rates is to compare prices annually from companies who provide auto insurance in Tulsa. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives ideas to get cheaper rates and earn larger discounts.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. Make sure you keep the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Lower-cost Tulsa car insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be asked about before being credited.
- Multi-line Discount – Some companies give lower car insurance rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- College Student – Children living away from Tulsa attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your overall premium however.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, good student, mature driver, and distant student.
- Farm Bureau has savings for driver training, good student, youthful driver, 55 and retired, and renewal discount.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, passive restraint, and accident-free.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, air bags, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, drive less, teen safety rewards, safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-theft, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for hybrid vehicle, safety features, newly retired, new move discount, multi-policy, and newly married.
If you need low cost Tulsa car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Tulsa.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Oklahoma. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Oklahoma, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Car insurance can be complex
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Oklahoma?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Hyundai G80?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Some people would rather visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Tulsa.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won’t need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agencies can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can handle car insurance, but it’s worth learning the differences since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Tulsa that may be able to provide pricing information.
Glass Insurance Agency, Inc
4500 S Garnett Rd #914 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 663-5314 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Tulsa that are able to give price quotes.
Cathy Warren – State Farm Insurance Agent
6119 E 91st St Ste 100 – Tulsa, OK 74137 – (918) 481-6655 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- When do they do policy reviews?
Oklahoma auto insurance company ratings
Selecting a good quality auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Tulsa. The information displayed below can help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Auto insurance savings summarized
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent and high prices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
We covered many ways to lower your Hyundai G80 insurance car insurance rates in Tulsa. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Tulsa car insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at these sites:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Tulsa, OK? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)