It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop around for cheaper prices are very likely to move their business because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent study showed that drivers who compared rates annually saved about $865 annually compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance in Tulsa is the reason you’re reading this, then having an understanding of how to shop for coverage rates can save money and time.
The most effective way to find affordable Kia Amanti insurance in Tulsa is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies in Oklahoma. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, try to comprehend how car insurance works and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as distracted driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
This article will instruct you on how insurance works and how to save the most money. If you have a policy now, you should be able to save money using the concepts covered in this article. But Oklahoma car owners do need to understand how companies determine how much to charge.
Tulsa insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount available very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Kia could earn cheaper premium rates.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow their company to spy on vehicle usage remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, student away at school, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and homeowner.
- MetLife includes discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau discounts include youthful driver, driver training, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-policy, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, air bags, five-year accident-free, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safety rewards, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, safe driver, accident prevention training, and bundle discounts.
If you are trying to find affordable Tulsa auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state.
Affordable Tulsa Kia Amanti insurance
Most larger insurance companies provide coverage prices on their websites. Getting Kia Amanti insurance prices online doesn’t take a lot of time because it’s just a matter of typing in your required coverages on the page. Behind the scenes, their quoting system orders your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get affordable car insurance pricing.
To save time and compare pricing, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Tulsa, OK. To buy cheap auto insurance in Oklahoma, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to adequate coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Kia Amanti is totaled?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Local agents and car insurance
Many drivers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is definitely important in Tulsa.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Tulsa that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you want to buy car insurance from local Tulsa agents, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, you will definitely want to include independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Featured below are Tulsa independent agencies that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
- Louis Blosch Agency
9726 E 42nd St #210 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 664-7100 – View Map
- Jimmie A Neely Insurance
4444 E 66th St – Tulsa, OK 74136 – (918) 494-0600 – View Map
- Bracken Insurance Agency
9717 E 42nd St, Suite 105 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 744-4440 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are Tulsa exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Mike De Marco
5800 S Lewis Ave Ste 149 – Tulsa, OK 74105 – (918) 749-1300 – View Map
- George Hazlett – State Farm Insurance Agent
6043 S Sheridan Rd – Tulsa, OK 74145 – (918) 496-0513 – View Map
- Stacy Sweeten – State Farm Insurance Agent
4130 S Harvard Ave, Ste A2 – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 743-8700 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Tulsa?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
If you feel you receive positive responses to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have found an insurance agency that meets your needs to properly service your car insurance policy.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Tulsa, paying for auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Amanti, most banks will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Kia for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $865 each year so shop around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Oklahoma drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Amanti from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Amanti to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability car insurance – Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as pain and suffering, court costs, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Oklahoma state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects, hail damage and vandalism. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses like hospital visits, chiropractic care, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
One last note
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions and high prices. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When searching for the cheapest Kia Amanti rate quotes, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheaper Kia Amanti insurance in Tulsa can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)