Want cheaper Acura RLX insurance in Tulsa? Are you regretting the purchase of an overpriced auto insurance policy? It’s quite common and there are many Tulsa drivers thinking the same thing.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the majority of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Oklahoma insurance shoppers can save $600 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t want to compare rates and save money.
Steps to buying low-cost Acura RLX insurance in Tulsa
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get affordable Acura RLX insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers who sell insurance in Tulsa.
- Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a poor credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for the details to get better rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A key point to remember is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at every company you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Insurance companies such as State Farm and GEICO continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the propaganda and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s a good idea to compare premium rates yearly because auto insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best deal on Acura RLX insurance in Tulsa a couple years back you can probably find a better rate now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the best methods to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to lower your rates using these techniques. Choosing the best rates in Tulsa is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. But Oklahoma vehicle owners must learn the way insurance companies determine how much to charge and use it to find better rates.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Good Student – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with one company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper RLX insurance.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current RLX insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts include:
- American Family offers discounts for bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, good driver, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, defensive driving, anti-theft, and easy pay.
- MetLife offers discounts including good driver, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, student driver, teen driver, theft prevention, and 55 and older.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, homeowner, pay in full, and good student.
- Allstate may include discounts for premier plus, early signing, eSmart discount, new car, resident student, and safe driver.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply everywhere.
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area helps locate more affordable rates.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Oklahoma. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Oklahoma, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may reward you with better insurance rates. Many different elements are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes some of the most common factors used by companies to determine your rates.
Certain occupations pay higher prices – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals tend to pay the highest average rates due to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs like farmers, athletes and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Optional features that cut prices – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop car theft.
Raising physical damage deductibles lowers premiums – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Acura from damage. Some examples of covered claims would be a broken windshield, hail damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles you choose define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Liability protection claims can be big – Liability insurance kicks in if a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Insurance rates and vehicle performance – The performance of the vehicle you need to insure makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
You might pay more if you are single – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your policy. It is viewed as being more mature and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Acura RLX insurance claim data – Insurance companies factor in historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Acura RLX vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Values that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RLX 4dr||128||63||179||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may require the services of an insurance agent
Many people would rather get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get the best rates and still have a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to participating agents in Tulsa that can provide free Tulsa auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurance company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Tulsa?
Once you have received positive responses to any questions you may have and cheap RLX insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurer that will adequately provide insurance. Just remember policyholders can cancel coverage any time you want so never feel that you are obligated to any specific company with no way to switch.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Acura RLX insurance, insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your RLX, almost every bank will require that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Acura at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Oklahoma is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so you should quote rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Tulsa car insurance companies
Selecting the top car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Tulsa. The company information in the next section can help you select which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Cheap rates are available
We just showed you some good ideas how you can reduce Acura RLX insurance rates online in Tulsa. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Tulsa auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with a smaller regional carrier. These companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
When getting Tulsa auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped full coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
How to find low-cost Acura RLX insurance in Tulsa
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest Acura RLX insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Tulsa.
First, read about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases such as traffic violations and a poor credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies. View a list of agents
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is that you use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Additional learning opportunities
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)