Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in Oklahoma could save up to 35% a year just by shopping around, but they underestimate how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers in Tulsa. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Read about how insurance works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for additional tips to help find cheaper rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. Make sure you keep your new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Tulsa can be made easier if you know where to look. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas covered in this article. Shoppers just have to use the quickest method to compare rate quotes from many companies at once.
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Oklahoma. To find cheap car insurance in Oklahoma, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Affordable Tulsa insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Tulsa car insurance online.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a defensive driving class could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Tulsa Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
Larger insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- The Hartford discounts include bundle, defensive driver, good student, air bag, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- American Family offers discounts for good student, bundled insurance, early bird, mySafetyValet, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including payment discounts, multi-policy, hybrid/electric vehicle, IntelliDrive, student away at school, new car, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including electronic funds transfer, homeowner, pay in full, distant student, and switch companies.
- USAA has savings for defensive driver, family discount, multi-vehicle, new vehicle, loyalty savings, multi-policy, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new move discount, multi-policy, multi-car, safety features, new graduate, and newly married.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Tulsa. If you would like to view companies who offer insurance discounts in Oklahoma, click this link.
Why you need car insurance
Even though Tulsa Spark insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Spark, most lenders will require that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $850 per year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Oklahoma car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Tulsa. The company rank data listed below can help you select which providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you may require specific advice.
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Chevy Spark?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Buying from insurance agents
Some people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local.
By using this short form, your insurance data is sent to participating agents in Tulsa who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How long have they been in business?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they operate. Auto insurance agents in Tulsa can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences because it can influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Tulsa willing to provide rate quotes.
- State Farm: Anita Ewing –
10021 S Yale Ave #102 – Tulsa, OK 74137 – (918) 298-2100 – View Map
- Jonathan Gibson – State Farm Insurance Agent
205 E Pine St #102 – Tulsa, OK 74106 – (918) 382-5717 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Todd Williams
3315 S Yale Ave Ste 200 – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 742-2784 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Tulsa that are able to give rate quotes.
- A-Affordable Insurance
1635 S Harvard Ave – Tulsa, OK 74112 – (918) 749-9500 – View Map
- Access Insurance
6373 E 31st St A – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 270-2220 – View Map
- Jimmie A Neely Insurance
4444 E 66th St – Tulsa, OK 74136 – (918) 494-0600 – View Map