If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Tulsa is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Oklahoma.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a poor credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Be sure to put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Unbelievable but true, the majority of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and almost half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Oklahoma insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using the ideas presented in this article. Our objective in writing this article is to tell you how car insurance works and some tricks to saving. But Oklahoma car owners should learn how companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
Smart Buyers Can Cut Insurance Costs
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that aid in calculating insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to cheaper rates. Many different elements are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but some are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
- Coverage deductibles are a factor – Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Liability coverage limits are a factor – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in when you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Do you work long hours in a stressful vocation? – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations like military generals, air traffic controllers, and dentists generally pay higher rates than average attributed to intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. Other careers such as farmers, historians and the unemployed pay the least.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Having a bad credit rating factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Hummer H3 by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Just remember that getting more free quotes will enable you to find lower pricing.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Tulsa, OK. If you want to find the best auto insurance in Tulsa, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Hummer H3 insurance statistics and information
The premium information shown below covers detailed analysis of prices for Hummer H3 models. Understanding how prices are determined is important for you to make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|H3 Adventure Package 4WD||$248||$472||$430||$26||$128||$1,304||$109|
|H3 Luxury Package 4WD||$248||$472||$430||$26||$128||$1,304||$109|
|H3 Alpha 4WD||$276||$472||$430||$26||$128||$1,332||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise coverage prices noticeably.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Hummer H3 premium costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Car insurance in Oklahoma serves several purposes
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Tulsa, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Hummer H3, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Hummer at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Hummer as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Oklahoma is wasting up to $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to save money.
Cheaper Tulsa auto insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase if you have no claims before the accident.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on H3 insurance in Tulsa.
- No Claims – Tulsa drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates compared to bad drivers.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- New Car Discount – Putting coverage on a new H3 can get you a discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The illustration below shows the difference between Hummer H3 premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
To choose providers with discount rates in Tulsa, click here.
Insurance agents can help
Many drivers just want to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local agencies is important particularly in Tulsa.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Tulsa who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Listed below are Tulsa car insurance companies that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Hummer H3 insurance in Tulsa.
- Clarence Zitterkob – State Farm Insurance Agent
7820 E 101st St – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 369-2000 – View Map
- Jimmie A Neely Insurance
4444 E 66th St – Tulsa, OK 74136 – (918) 494-0600 – View Map
- Stacy Sweeten – State Farm Insurance Agent
4130 S Harvard Ave, Ste A2 – Tulsa, OK 74135 – (918) 743-8700 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mike De Marco
5800 S Lewis Ave Ste 149 – Tulsa, OK 74105 – (918) 749-1300 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Oklahoma?
After receiving reasonable responses to your questions and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an provider that is professional and can properly service your insurance policy.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests and policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching auto insurance companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Hummer H3 insurance premium rates online in Tulsa. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from a small local company.
When searching for affordable Tulsa car insurance quotes, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an insured cut full coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)