Paying for overpriced Kia Rio insurance in Tulsa can bleed your funds and force you to cut corners elsewhere. Doing a price comparison is a smart way to make ends meet.
Sadly, a large majority of drivers in Oklahoma renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. U.S. drivers could save $860 every year, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to shop around.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Kia Rio insurance in Tulsa
The best way to find discount Kia Rio insurance in Tulsa is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Oklahoma. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, learn about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, accidents and bad credit can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new policy. Don’t forget to put the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive promote their brand names with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You should take the time to compare rates before your next renewal because prices change quite often. Just because you had the lowest rate on Kia Rio insurance in Tulsa last year a different company probably has better premium rates today. Don’t believe everything you read about Rio insurance online, but in a few minutes you can learn some good information on how to lower your insurance premiums.
If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can follow these tips to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Finding affordable coverage in Tulsa is much easier if you have a good place to start. You just have to understand the most efficient way to compare price quotes from many companies at once.
How to get affordable Kia Rio insurance in Tulsa, OK
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Tulsa, OK. To locate cheap car insurance in OK, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Car insurance is not optional in Oklahoma
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required in Oklahoma but it also protects you in many ways.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, car insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Kia Rio insurance statistics and information
The premium table below outlines estimates of insurance coverage prices for Kia Rio models. Understanding how auto insurance prices are established is important for drivers to make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can revise rates considerably.
Cautious Tulsa drivers save money
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can drive up Kia Rio premium costs for different age groups. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Don’t neglect these seven discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current Rio insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20% or more.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
The example below shows the difference between Kia Rio insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, student away at school, accident-free, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- GEICO may offer discounts for daytime running lights, air bags, federal employee, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, anti-theft, homeowner, and drive less.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including distant student, switch companies, business and professional, good student, youthful driver, and teen driver.
- AAA discounts include multi-car, anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-policy, and good driver.
- USAA may include discounts for driver training, annual mileage, family discount, new vehicle, and military installation.
Check with each company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not be offered in Tulsa. For a list of providers who offer online Kia Rio insurance quotes in Tulsa, click here to view.
What is the best auto insurance company in Tulsa?
Selecting a good quality company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Tulsa. The company information displayed below can help you pick which auto insurers to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Tulsa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General