It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop around for cheaper prices are very likely to switch insurance companies because there are good odds of finding lower prices. A recent insurance study discovered that people who make a habit of shopping around saved as much as $70 a month compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having a good understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverage rates can save money and time.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable Volvo XC60 insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in Tulsa. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that drive up the price such as accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. This article gives more details to help reduce premium rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Tulsa. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A key point to remember is that you use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Score discounts to get cheaper Tulsa auto insurance quotes
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger companies have a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same insurance company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Tulsa Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Tulsa can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Tulsa auto insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Volvo XC60 insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Tulsa auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply in your state.
There are several ways of comparing price quotes from companies that offer car insurance in Oklahoma. The quickest method to find affordable insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Getting free price quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it obsolete to actually drive to each insurance agency near you. Comparing online rate quotes has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the professional guidance that only an agent can give. You can, however, comparison shop online but buy from a local insurance agent. It’s important to know that comparing more quotes will enable you to find better pricing.
The following companies provide free quotes in Oklahoma. To locate cheaper car insurance in Tulsa, OK, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Analysis of Volvo XC60 rates
The information displayed next outlines a range of insurance prices for Volvo XC60 models. Knowing how car insurance premiums are determined can assist in making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$282||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,272||$106|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$318||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,308||$109|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$318||$554||$382||$22||$114||$1,390||$116|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$354||$554||$382||$22||$114||$1,426||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can change auto insurance rates significantly.
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Volvo XC60 insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Volvo XC60 insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volvo XC60 claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $400 annually to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Tulsa who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency because prices are sent to your email. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Oklahoma?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
When researching a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agents in Tulsa are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents have only one company to place business with like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tulsa that are able to give price quotes.
These agents often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will want to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
The following are independent insurance agents in Tulsa that can give you rate quotes.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to reduce Volvo XC60 insurance car insurance rates online in Tulsa. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Tulsa auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)