The easiest way to find the cheapest price for Mazda 6 insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Tulsa. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to use identical coverage information on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s hard to believe, but the vast majority of car insurance customers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Oklahoma insurance shoppers could save an average of about $550 each year, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Tulsa is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using these tips. Although Oklahoma vehicle owners must learn how insurance companies calculate their prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive prices in Oklahoma
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Tulsa, OK. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Tulsa, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance statistics for a Mazda 6
The data table displayed below highlights different coverage prices for Mazda 6 models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance prices are figured can help you make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|6 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$400||$430||$26||$128||$1,204||$100|
|6 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$400||$430||$26||$128||$1,204||$100|
|6 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$400||$430||$26||$128||$1,204||$100|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$400||$430||$26||$128||$1,232||$103|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$400||$430||$26||$128||$1,232||$103|
|6 I Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$472||$430||$26||$128||$1,304||$109|
|6 S Touring Plus 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$472||$430||$26||$128||$1,304||$109|
|6 S Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$472||$430||$26||$128||$1,304||$109|
|6 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$472||$430||$26||$128||$1,304||$109|
|6 S Grand Touring 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$472||$430||$26||$128||$1,304||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can influence insurance rates considerably.
Yearly insurance costs for men versus women
The example below shows the comparison of Mazda 6 premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Discounts for lower-cost car insurance rates
Some companies don’t always publicize all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Tulsa Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Resident Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course in defensive driver can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Mazda 6 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data is based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts include:
If you are trying to find low cost Tulsa car insurance quotes, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Tulsa. If you would like to view car insurance companies with the best discounts in Tulsa, follow this link.
Four Tips to Get Lower-cost Tulsa Insurance Prices
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower premium levels. Many different elements are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although others are more obscure such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The items below are most of the major factors companies use to determine your premiums.
- Frequent insurance claims will cost you more – Auto insurance companies in Oklahoma provide most affordable rates to drivers who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
Lower rates come with age – Drivers with little experience are known to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a young driver to your policy can increase premiums substantially. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Improve your credit rating – An insured’s credit score is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit can be improved, you may save money insuring your Mazda 6 if you improve your credit rating. Insureds with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Raise deductibles and save – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Mazda 6 historical loss data – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for coverage. The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Mazda 6 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Mazda 6 Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 6 99 92 112 94 98 94BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Will just any policy work for me?
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Mazda 6?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
You may need help from an insurance agent
Some people still like to sit down with an agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your information is submitted to participating agents in Tulsa who will return price quotes to get your business. You never need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurer should include more criteria than just the price. Before buying a policy in Tulsa, get answers to these questions.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Oklahoma?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Car insurance agencies may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
These type of agents can only place business with one company like Allstate and State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. They are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Tulsa exclusive agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Gail Boyce – State Farm Insurance Agent
6149 S Peoria Ave – Tulsa, OK 74136 – (918) 747-6866 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8353 S Memorial Dr – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 384-0707 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance – Jimmy Willis
6111 S Mingo Rd – Tulsa, OK 74133 – (918) 250-6770 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Tulsa that can give you comparison quotes.
- Best Insurance Inc.
1618 W 51st St – Tulsa, OK 74107 – (918) 949-3555 – View Map
- Bracken Insurance Agency
9717 E 42nd St, Suite 105 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 744-4440 – View Map
- Glass Insurance Agency, Inc
4500 S Garnett Rd #914 – Tulsa, OK 74146 – (918) 663-5314 – View Map
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your Mazda 6 insurance car insurance rates in Tulsa. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Mazda 6 rate quotes. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone dropped collision coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium, high prices and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)