If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper Nissan Xterra insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Tulsa.
- Take a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and poor credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives tips to prevent high rates and get bigger discounts.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, place the new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to try to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
It’s amazing but over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Oklahoma could save themselves nearly $550 a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
When quoting car insurance, remember that more quotes will enable you to find the best offered rates.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Tulsa, OK. If you want the best auto insurance in Tulsa, we recommend you compare several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Xterra outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance analysis for a Nissan Xterra
The rate information displayed next showcases estimates of policy rates for Nissan Xterra models. Having a good understanding how insurance premiums are calculated is important to be able to make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Xterra X 2WD||$208||$290||$606||$36||$182||$1,322||$110|
|Xterra S 2WD||$208||$290||$606||$36||$182||$1,322||$110|
|Xterra S 4WD||$208||$290||$606||$36||$182||$1,322||$110|
|Xterra X 4WD||$208||$290||$606||$36||$182||$1,322||$110|
|Xterra Off Road 4WD||$238||$372||$606||$36||$182||$1,434||$120|
|Xterra SE 2WD||$238||$372||$606||$36||$182||$1,434||$120|
|Xterra SE 4WD||$238||$372||$606||$36||$182||$1,434||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower coverage prices significantly.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The example below illustrates how violations and accidents can increase Nissan Xterra yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The chart below shows the difference between Nissan Xterra insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Oklahoma. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive rule that works best for making the decision to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan Xterra settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $700 a year for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Slash rates with these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Tulsa auto insurance online.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Sign Early and Save – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for signing up early. The savings is around 10%.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Nissan may enable drivers to earn cheaper premium rates.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Xterra insurance prices with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
For a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Car insurance agents near you
A small number of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Tulsa, get answers to these questions.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Tulsa car insurance agents come in two flavors
When looking for a reliable agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Tulsa are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are exclusive agencies in Tulsa that can give you price quotes.
Cathy Warren – State Farm Insurance Agent
6119 E 91st St Ste 100 – Tulsa, OK 74137 – (918) 481-6655 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to check rates from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Below are independent insurance agents in Tulsa who can help you get comparison quotes.
Persistent drivers can save
In this article, we presented many ideas to get a better price on Nissan Xterra insurance in Tulsa. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with a small local company. Some small companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
More affordable car insurance in Tulsa can be sourced online and with local Tulsa insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tulsa Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tulsa Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Tulsa? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)