Do you want to save money by finding more competitive Kia Niro insurance in Tulsa? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a Kia Niro in Oklahoma could be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to make it easier. There is a better way to find insurance online and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage for a new or used Kia and obtain the lowest price from Tulsa insurance agents and online providers.
It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who compare rates once a year are likely to switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding better rates. A recent survey revealed that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved about $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the most affordable car insurance in Tulsa is the reason you’re reading this, then learning about how to quote and compare insurance premiums can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company’s rates as often as possible due to the fact that insurance prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the lowest price on Kia Niro insurance in Tulsa on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to find out one of the quickest ways to find better coverage on Kia Niro insurance in Tulsa at a better price.
Buying affordable insurance in Tulsa is actually quite simple. If you have a current insurance policy or just want a better rate, use these cost-cutting techniques to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Drivers just have to know the proper methods to find the lowest price from many different companies.
Lower your insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don’t necessarily list all discounts very well, so here is a list a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to you. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a safe driver class could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Drivers Education – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction depending on your insurance provider.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Some companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts are:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not be available in Tulsa.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Tulsa, OK. To locate the best auto insurance in OK, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
How Insurers Calculate Kia Niro Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower insurance prices. Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Pay less with a high safety rating – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Kia Niro has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
Always have insurance – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and companies may charge more for letting your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance rates – The make and model of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. Lower cost passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
How old are your drivers? – Teenage drivers in Oklahoma have been known to be inattentive with other occupants in the car therefore insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
Women tend to cost less – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean women are better drivers. Males and females cause fender benders in similar numbers, but the males tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
Use credit responsibly and save – Your credit history is likely to be a major factor in calculating your insurance rates. So if your credit history could use some work, you could save money insuring your Kia Niro if you improve your credit rating. People that have very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with bad credit.
Low physical damage deductibles can be expensive – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Are car insurance agents a thing of the past?
Many people still prefer to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your information is transmitted to companies in Tulsa that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an provider requires more thought than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Oklahoma?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Tulsa for you
When looking for a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Tulsa agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know how they differ since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which can be an advantage. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Tulsa that are able to give rate quotes.
- Gail Boyce – State Farm Insurance Agent
6149 S Peoria Ave – Tulsa, OK 74136 – (918) 747-6866 – View Map
- Cathy Warren – State Farm Insurance Agent
6119 E 91st St Ste 100 – Tulsa, OK 74137 – (918) 481-6655 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – John Neuschwander
6016 S Memorial Dr – Tulsa, OK 74145 – (918) 576-6180 – View Map
Agents of this type are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing auto insurance prices, you need to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Tulsa who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Best Insurance
1825 S Garnett Rd – Tulsa, OK 74128 – (918) 234-0022 – View Map
- Charles G. Harris Insurance
4724 S Union Ave – Tulsa, OK 74107 – (918) 446-4421 – View Map
- Scott Mccoy Insurance Agency, Inc.
7030 S Yale Ave Suite #109 – Tulsa, OK 74136 – (918) 894-5551 – View Map
Once you have positive responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to service your policy. Just understand that you can always terminate your policy whenever you want so never assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific company indefinitely.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Kia Niro insurance, car insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia Niro has a lienholder, most banks will require that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Oklahoma is overpaying more than $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver and questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We just presented a lot of ways to lower your Kia Niro insurance premium rates in Tulsa. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Tulsa car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company.
How to find better rates for Kia Niro insurance in Tulsa
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Kia Niro insurance in Tulsa is to regularly compare prices from providers who sell insurance in Oklahoma.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Tulsa. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of this process is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
More information can be found at these links: